• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Official YouTube's Hate Speech Policy Update

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
YouTube has brought out a new policy update for hate speech.

You can read it here: https://youtube.googleblog.com/2019/06/our-ongoing-work-to-tackle-hate.html

Here's a bit of a snippet from the blog:

Today, we're taking another step in our hate speech policy by specifically prohibiting videos alleging that a group is superior in order to justify discrimination, segregation or exclusion based on qualities like age, gender, race, caste, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. This would include, for example, videos that promote or glorify Nazi ideology, which is inherently discriminatory. Finally, we will remove content denying that well-documented violent events, like the Holocaust or the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, took place.

What are your opinions on this update?

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I am a big fan of free speech - but these changes sound quite reasonable to me. Spreading hate & misinformation serves no valuable purpose. I do hope they can tell historical content from glorification... WWII is fascinating. What the Nazi's and Japan almost pulled off is pretty impressive (although at a horrible cost). It deserves to be studied and understood - not glorified.

Last edited:
Reactions: TubeBuddy