Need Advice 30 Vids and Less Than 10 Views: Why Am I Failing?

Wanderer

New User
Subscriber Goal
Topic of Channel: Video Games Discussions and Fanart Compilations (based on games)
Link to Channel: List of Strategies I've Done:
  1. Hi-Res, iconic thumbnails
  2. Topic-relevant channel banner, and relevant channel description
  3. Relevant YouTube tags
  4. Consistent niche for all videos--all focused on video games
  5. Short videos (less than 10 minutes)
  6. Used TubeBuddy's Keyword Explorer (Pro edition)
  7. All videos set to Public, and are organized into playlists.
The Keyword Explorer said it would be hard for small channels to rank for certain keywords. But I'm literally getting less than 10 views on ALL videos. Are the keywords I've chosen just that bad for a new channel, or is there a setting I've messed up that is hiding my channel? Thank you in advance for advice.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Topic of Channel: Video Games Discussions and Fanart Compilations (based on games)
  3. Relevant YouTube tags
The Keyword Explorer said it would be hard for small channels to rank for certain keywords. But I'm literally getting less than 10 views on ALL videos. Are the keywords I've chosen just that bad for a new channel, or is there a setting I've messed up that is hiding my channel? Thank you in advance for advice.
Looking at your channel, most of your popular content is a week old. One of the biggest things to remember for YouTube is patience, and upload timing.

1. Hi-Res, Iconic thumbnails. For that I'd say you don't have enough data for CTR (Click Through rate) to know if they're working for.

2. Banner - It says who you are, but not what content to expect, when to expect it, and why I should subscribe to YOU. I see "Gaming discussions" that's pretty broad though. I see heavily focused pokemon content atm, so is it geared towards that?

3. Relevant YouTube tags - Looking at Pokemon Fan Made Eveelutions, the best way to do tag research for videos, is find tags people are searching for, and then shape your videos around that. Looking here, you still have some work to do on tags, but you have a better idea then most.

4. Consistent niche - all focused on video games... The Main Content type is gaming, but within gaming there are niches. Pokemon is a niche within gaming, I 'd say focus on one niche, you found a broad topic.

5. Video length isn't what matters, what matters is how long people are watching the content, but since your content is so new, it takes time.

6. That's good you're using it, but are you using it to research things people are actually looking for? It seems you're currently making a video, and then trying to find relevant terms that way.

7. Good that you're creating playlists, but you still haven't had a video type take off. You have a lot of content around pokemon, then I'm seeing mario, so maybe nintendo content is a good first niche to target withing gaming.

The major thing you need to remember is it takes time! I'd first say that your content isn't bad, but it doesn't seem focused on what people are searching for, which is how you grow organically through search on YouTube, since Search is the second largest platform on YT.

Since you're so new, weighted scores will be low for you. Focus on # of searches per month, and how to shape your content around what people are searching for. Once you build a following, then you can go after those harder to rank for terms.

OP
OP
Wanderer

Wanderer

New User
Subscriber Goal
Since you're so new, weighted scores will be low for you. Focus on # of searches per month, and how to shape your content around what people are searching for. Once you build a following, then you can go after those harder to rank for terms.
Thank you for your advice, Andrew. Due to my low weighted scores, I was unsure which keywords to select. I'll try to focus more on # of searches per month to shape my content. Thank you.

jessicaAnn

New User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
  3. Relevant YouTube tags
I was just thinking the same thing. I feel like I do everything right and my views don’t show for anything. It’s so frustrating

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I was just thinking the same thing. I feel like I do everything right and my views don’t show for anything. It’s so frustrating
That's part of the test. You been making videos for seven months. Spend the next seven years improving the quality and the quantity of your videos, then come back with these concerns.

No one is doing everything right. When is the last time you saw a perfect movie or TV show? If they can't do everything right with millions, or even 100s of million of dollars, studio backing and an entire army, then what hope do any of us have of doing everything right?

There are two things to growing on YouTube:

1. Improve the quality of your content: learn how to shoot video that captures, holds people attention, and causes them to take action as a result of watching your video. There is 100 years of film, cinema an TV shows to show us how to do this. Yet very few YouTubers have even thought about the basics of what makes video work. This grows for thumbnails, quality of keywords, titles, description and the like.

2. Increase the quantity of your content: more tags, longer descriptions, produce more videos, accumulate more videos.

If you do this for a very long period of time, 5 to 10 years, you will build an audience. Whether that audience will be big enough to meet your goal is another question, but you will build an audience.

The beautiful thing about YouTube is it automatically weeds out those who either don't have, are unwilling to, or are unable to develop the staying power necessary.

Success often come by doing the right things for a very long periods of time, but just because you're doing "all" the right things doesn't guarantee success. Life lesson.

Last edited:

jessicaAnn

New User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
That's part of the test. You been making videos for seven months. Spend the next seven years improving the quality and the quantity of your videos, then come back with these concerns.

No one is doing everything right. When is the last time you saw a perfect movie or TV show? If they can't do everything right with millions, or even 100s of million of dollars, studio backing and an entire army, then what hope do any of us have of doing everything right?

There are two things to growing on YouTube:

1. Improve the quality of your content: learn how to shoot video that captures, holds people attention, and causes them to take action as a result of watching your video. There is 100 years of film, cinema an TV shows to show us how to do this. Yet very few YouTubers have even thought about the basics of what makes video work. This grows for thumbnails, quality of keywords, titles, description and the like.

2. Increase the quantity of your content: more tags, longer descriptions, produce more videos, accumulate more videos.

If you do this for a very long period of time, 5 to 10 years, you will build an audience. Whether that audience will be big enough to meet your goal is another question, but you will build an audience.

The beautiful thing about YouTube is it automatically weeds out those who either don't have, are unwilling to, or are unable to develop the staying power necessary.

Success often come by doing the right things for a very long periods of time, but just because you're doing "all" the right things doesn't guarantee success. Life lesson.
You are very right. I guess I’m just a very impatient person and need to realize that things take time. Thanks for the advice!

Ronnieleeeee

New User
TubeBuddy User
I feel like this a lot of the time. I use my best SEO, high res thumbnails, tags etc, but I’m always thinking my videos should peak more than they do. I’m at my 21st upload so I’m doing my best to be patient which is tough.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I feel like this a lot of the time. I use my best SEO, high res thumbnails, tags etc, but I’m always thinking my videos should peak more than they do. I’m at my 21st upload so I’m doing my best to be patient which is tough.
Patience is the hardest part. It's easier when you identify the target audience you wish to build. That took me a long time to understand!

On a side note, I fixed your subscriber button!