• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Cine Gear Expo LA

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Cine Gear Expo was going on this weekend (Exhibits from May 31st to June 1st) Pretty much all of the major players in the Cinema world show up (ARRI, Panavision, Blackmagic, Sony, Panasonic etc...) Literally everything from Cameras to Lights and even Vehicles designed to aid with production :heart_eyes:. One of the things to make it's debut at the event was a Mercedes Van equipped with a large enough luxury viewing area for 5 people connected to a full Davinci editing suite in the back for working with footage on the go. Has a 6 hour run time on the car's own battery and if the engine is on its self sustaining o_O! There was well over 100 booths but you know me... I went straight to the vehicles like the legendary Huracam :heart_eyes:

MWTNb3Yh.jpg

Are there any gear related conventions you like going to?

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Cine Gear Expo was going on this weekend (Exhibits from May 31st to June 1st) Pretty much all of the major players in the Cinema world show up (ARRI, Panavision, Blackmagic, Sony, Panasonic etc...) Literally everything from Cameras to Lights and even Vehicles designed to aid with production :heart_eyes:. One of the things to make it's debut at the event was a Mercedes Van equipped with a large enough luxury viewing area for 5 people connected to a full Davinci editing suite in the back for working with footage on the go. Has a 6 hour run time on the car's own battery and if the engine is on its self sustaining o_O! There was well over 100 booths but you know me... I went straight to the vehicles like the legendary Huracam :heart_eyes:

MWTNb3Yh.jpg

Are there any gear related conventions you like going to?

That looks like an awesome event and love the car mounted rig!

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Wow, I honestly thought that car has machine guns on it at first XD

That's pretty cool though. I assume that car is good for (obviously) racing-type scenes.

Reactions: Aaron
OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Wow, I honestly thought that car has machine guns on it at first XD

That's pretty cool though. I assume that car is good for (obviously) racing-type scenes.

Yes! It is currently to my knowledge the fastest camera car in the world :heart_eyes: Supercharged by VF It is likely making about 700ish HP to the wheel! Great for chase scenes obviously and I can imagine it also being used for car advertisements ;)

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I would have never thought about mounting a camera to the front of a Lambo for speed scenes. That's crazy. I look forward to the front camera mounted F-16. lol

The only event of this nature that I have gone to was a car show years ago when I was young. I need to find the time to go to events that I find interesting, tech events, comicons, vid and twitch cons and more.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm assuming they added counterweights to that Lambo in the back and reinforced the frame for this rig. This car was not, obviously, designed for that. Would love to see how they modified it. That would be an awesome video. An excellent How It's made video.

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal

Very true but thankfully we are not at the point where that is entirely the case (yet). I can tell when a car is CGI... Really great ad for the Lamborghini Aventador a while back was some of the best CGI for a car ad I've ever seen but to me nothing would be better than actually being able to use the real car.

I'm assuming they added counterweights to that Lambo in the back and reinforced the frame for this rig. This car was not, obviously, designed for that. Would love to see how they modified it. That would be an awesome video. An excellent How It's made video.

Good question... I'm sure there are many mods done the eye just can't see and I also am curious :D!