• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback My latest thumbnail. All input appreciated.

RazzBarlow

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Just out of curiosity, that's not a Porsche, right? I do love that little guy. Looks awesome for the image. I like the thumbnail itself, the letters are clear and stand out well. Personally, I would suggest a border, maybe white, not too thick, not too thin. Makes it stand out a bit more. I have a red outer border and a white inner border because the white border looks nice on thumbnails and makes it stand out but it blended in with the white YT layout unless you had dark mode on. So I added the red border and now it looks better. Of course, that's just me. You could add a red border to match the letters or a bluish one to match the character in this thumbnail.

OP
OP
RazzBarlow

RazzBarlow

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Just out of curiosity, that's not a Porsche, right? I do love that little guy. Looks awesome for the image. I like the thumbnail itself, the letters are clear and stand out well. Personally, I would suggest a border, maybe white, not too thick, not too thin. Makes it stand out a bit more. I have a red outer border and a white inner border because the white border looks nice on thumbnails and makes it stand out but it blended in with the white YT layout unless you had dark mode on. So I added the red border and now it looks better. Of course, that's just me. You could add a red border to match the letters or a bluish one to match the character in this thumbnail.
No, that's not a Porsche. That is our Dwarf Car race car. We were working on a Porsche Boxster in this video.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
No, that's not a Porsche. That is our Dwarf Car race car. We were working on a Porsche Boxster in this video.

A Dwarf Car? I've heard of those. I like that it looks like a 50's hotrod. Always wanted one of those. They are just so beastly.

OP
OP
RazzBarlow

RazzBarlow

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
A Dwarf Car? I've heard of those. I like that it looks like a 50's hotrod. Always wanted one of those. They are just so beastly.
Not to throw a shameless plug out there, but if you check out my channel...there is tons of dwarf car content. :)

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal

It seems a little odd to have the thumbnail talk about Porsche trouble yet not be a Porsche in the thumbnail. That aside its clean and legible and that cute lil guy looks like hes going for a ride LOL.

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Well first of all, there's nothing in here that says anything about the exhaust visually, and the bottom right corner should always be saved for the video timestamp. "Mechanic's Nichtmare" is a cool font, but not sure if that would catch more attention than "PORSCHE EXHAUST GOES WRONG" the latter has more "clickbait" value but as long as the video is about an exhaust going wrong, then it's perfectly fine.
I'd lose the doll. It takes too long to realise what it is, and in thumbnail size it would be too indistinguishable because there's too much detail and textures going on in it.
You might be better off with a photo of an exhaust pipe blowing out black smoke. And I though the font could work better with a black bar behind it. I really do like that font choice. It's quirky and fun.