• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Life Popular Youtubers You've Met In Person

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
It's interesting how times have changed. Only a few years ago the concept of meeting a celebrity was getting lucky to come across someone like Will Smith, Chris Evans or even Michael Jordan out in the streets or at a concert. These days celebrities are a lot closer to us than ever and it doesn't take a movie, concert or sports ticket to see one. All you need is an Internet connection and Youtube or Twitch and not only do you get to see them "for free" you also get to chat with them, often in real time.

I haven't had to the chance to meet a huge online celebrity like Ninja or Casey Neistat but I have met at least one YTer who I consider a celebrity. He's the face of TubeBuddy. He's @Andrew who makes videos for the TubeBuddy (which has over 200k subs) channel and also has his own YT channel (which has over 3k subs). I haven't met Andrew in person but being part of TubeBuddy as a moderator has given me the opportunity to talk to him personally online as he's in a sense my boss. It's cool to meet someone from YT who's well known. And I look forward to the day we get to meet in person. The coolest part is not only did I get to meet him but he's like a friend as well.

Have you met any Youtube celebrities?

• Love
Reactions: Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
It's interesting how times have changed. Only a few years ago the concept of meeting a celebrity was getting lucky to come across someone like Will Smith, Chris Evans or even Michael Jordan out in the streets or at a concert. These days celebrities are a lot closer to us than ever and it doesn't take a movie, concert or sports ticket to see one. All you need is an Internet connection and Youtube or Twitch and not only do you get to see them "for free" you also get to chat with them, often in real time.

I haven't had to the chance to meet a huge online celebrity like Ninja or Casey Neistat but I have met at least one YTer who I consider a celebrity. He's the face of TubeBuddy. He's @Andrew who makes videos for the TubeBuddy (which has over 200k subs) channel and also has his own YT channel (which has over 3k subs). I haven't met Andrew in person but being part of TubeBuddy as a moderator has given me the opportunity to talk to him personally online as he's in a sense my boss. It's cool to meet someone from YT who's well known. And I look forward to the day we get to meet in person. The coolest part is not only did I get to meet him but he's like a friend as well.

Have you met any Youtube celebrities?
First Brave, Thank you so much for the kind words! I truly appreciate it, and enjoy working with you and our team here on the forum!

I've met a lot of large YouTubers through this job, and to name just a few! Derral Eves, Roberto Blake, @Nick Nimmin , Owen Video, Brian G. Johnson, Philip Defranco, Sean Cannell :D

Reactions: BraveStarrTG
OP
OP
BraveStarrTG

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
First Brave, Thank you so much for the kind words! I truly appreciate it, and enjoy working with you and our team here on the forum!

I've met a lot of large YouTubers through this job, and to name just a few! Derral Eves, Roberto Blake, @Nick Nimmin , Owen Video, Brian G. Johnson, Philip Defranco, Sean Cannell :D
I mean it. I've always wanted to meet a Youtuber and was excited that you guys picked me to be a moderator. I felt like I was finally connecting with a YT celebrity. I mean, let's face it. You may not be as big as Casey but not only is your channel pretty big you are part of one of the biggest if not the biggest software that is connected to Youtube. I don't mean to put others down. It's awesome to be part of the TB family.

I'd give anything to meet Roberto, Nick and Brian but Philip? Sorry Andrew but he would definitely be at the top of my list. He's my go to guy for the best news online.

• Love
Reactions: Andrew

Beanie Draws

The only large YouTuber I've met was Draw With Jazza when he hit his first million subscriber. He's now at 3 million :)
Looking forward to meeting a whole bunch more in the future :)
But I will say it's nice to be able to consider Nick Nimmin a friend, and as his subscriber count rockets up, I don't even see the numbers, I just see a super humble guy who just wants to help people. I hope I have that kind of relationship with other "big" youtubers where I don't care about the subcount and just talk with the human behind the subcount :)

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
I have not met anybody popular... but I think I have a different viewing of who's more important to me (*coughs*).

But if we are talking about YouTubers, I have met Dee last year for VidCon. Inb4 Andrew or Aaron tells me that I've also met Nick and Owen, but I honestly don't feel like I have since I don't remember actually having a conversation with them other than Dee XD

Reactions: Aaron

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I mean it. I've always wanted to meet a Youtuber and was excited that you guys picked me to be a moderator. I felt like I was finally connecting with a YT celebrity. I mean, let's face it. You may not be as big as Casey but not only is your channel pretty big you are part of one of the biggest if not the biggest software that is connected to Youtube. I don't mean to put others down. It's awesome to be part of the TB family.

I'd give anything to meet Roberto, Nick and Brian but Philip? Sorry Andrew but he would definitely be at the top of my list. He's my go to guy for the best news online.
0ce0a3c5-44b8-48b6-9088-37b4a61208b8 (1).jpg

He's a great guy! :D

Aaron

Here comes a hefty list LOL...

Boogie2988 (Literally every year at VidCon either on the 2nd or 3rd floor of the main building :joy:)
FroKnowsPhoto (My first VidCon)
Dee Nimmin, Owen Video, Nick Nimmin, Roberto Blake (All also at VidCon)
@Andrew and @Ikerot <3 we see each other... somewhat? regularly xD
Optibotimus (He is somewhat local)
WillMotivation (Filmed/Photographed for him twice while he visited in California)
DailyDrivenExotics Squad [Damon, Dave, Emelia, Alex Choi, Raymond], TheStradman, Houston Crosta & Gigi Papasavvas from Royalty Exotics, Vehicle Virgins (I practically live at car shows :joy: so seeing these guys is actually a regular occurrence)
Jordan Maron [CaptainSparklez], Sonja Reid [OMGItsfirefoxx] (both at VidCon)
Almost the entire Teens/College Students/Adults React cast from FBE (VidCon)
Stef Sanjati (VidCon)
Boyinaband (VidCon)

Moral of the story... Go to VidCon & Car Shows LOL

I guarantee I could easily put more on the list but I'm trying to only count memorable ones and there is honestly some that I just don't remember names of LOL.

Beanie Draws

Here comes a hefty list LOL...

Boogie2988 (Literally every year at VidCon either on the 2nd or 3rd floor of the main building :joy:)
FroKnowsPhoto (My first VidCon)
Dee Nimmin, Owen Video, Nick Nimmin, Roberto Blake (All also at VidCon)
@Andrew and @Ikerot <3 we see each other... somewhat? regularly xD
Optibotimus (He is somewhat local)
WillMotivation (Filmed/Photographed for him twice while he visited in California)
DailyDrivenExotics Squad [Damon, Dave, Emelia, Alex Choi, Raymond], TheStradman, Houston Crosta & Gigi Papasavvas from Royalty Exotics, Vehicle Virgins (I practically live at car shows :joy: so seeing these guys is actually a regular occurrence)
Jordan Maron [CaptainSparklez], Sonja Reid [OMGItsfirefoxx] (both at VidCon)
Almost the entire Teens/College Students/Adults React cast from FBE (VidCon)
Stef Sanjati (VidCon)
Boyinaband (VidCon)

Moral of the story... Go to VidCon & Car Shows LOL

I guarantee I could easily put more on the list but I'm trying to only count memorable ones and there is honestly some that I just don't remember names of LOL.
What's Boyinaband like? I kinda get the vibe that he'd be cynical and sarcastic and not that into the event.
OMGitsfirefoxx seems fun.
(the buddie bois I'll be meeting at vidsummit)
I really want to meed Boogie. He seems like someone I could have a decent chat with excluding the celebrity factor. He seems real down to earth, and with the anxiety element, I think he and I could relate and have something more than just "I love your videos" to talk about.

I also really want to meet JackSepticEye for similar reasons.

Reactions: Aaron

RazzBarlow

TubeBuddy Pro
I met Nick Nimmin and Darrell Eaves at a TubeBuddy meetup here in Sandy Eggo. Both were pleasant to talk to and very generous with their time with me and my wife. At an event where so many people were pulling at them, I appreciated that. I also met JayzTwoCents at a car show. Very nice guy, very funny. He also was very generous with his time. I've also met Ken Block, and if you go by view count on his Gymkhana series, I guess he qualifies as a mega-YouTuber. He also was humble and generous with his time. I appreciated talking cars with him. I met another mega-YouTuber with an automotive channel who was an arrogant ***, so he will remain nameless.