YouTube News OMG - my subscriber count!!

Techmoto

New User
TubeBuddy User
A little click bait of a title - but still an OMG. My subs went up by 37 in 2 days and then has not moved in an age! Its soul destroying :)

You think you have cracked the algorithm and then ... nothing. I suppose you just can't tell who is looking, where it is shared or whats going on behind the scenes - but that number - silent in it lack of increments is driving me insane.

Anyone else have a period where things cease to move? I seem to have tried everything - but alas no luck. Watch time is going up gradually and my channel is active, but no subs, which leads me to believe my content sucks :p

Ho Hum - off to the Isle of Man TT on Friday - so easy exciting footage to come - hopefully this will get me out of the rut.

Any advice from seasoned pro's welcomed.

OP
OP
Techmoto

Techmoto

New User
TubeBuddy User
Ok now I am very confused. My first video on electronics published 3 weeks ago has just gone nuts with 300+ views in last 30 minutes. Happy obviously, but is there any way to find out where it has been posted - its obviously been advertised somewhere?!?

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Dude, forget the subs. It sounds like all you're after is subs. Subs come and go. It's just like the ocean or a river: It rises and falls. Things happen in seasons and in waves. If all you want is subs, you won't do this for long.

Cold hard reality: All our videos suck. Buy this book and do everything it says: "How to Shoot Video That Doesn't Suck," by Steve Stockman. You have to perfect your craft. Even Steven Spielberg is becoming a better filmmaker.

Take the next five years and crank out three to four highly searchable videos shot and edited according to the principles listed in the book above, then you'll know whether you're cut out for this or not.

The only thing we can do is improve the quality and quantity of our videos. We have no control whether or not anyone will subscribe.

Quality of Video
  • Quality of SEO
  • Quality of thumbnails
  • Quality of production value
Quantity of Video
  • Number of videos per week
  • Accumulated number of videos over time
  • Number of tags
  • Length of description
  • Quantity of promotion across social media channels
If quantity and quality of videos is not your #1 priority, then you won't progress on YouTube.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Techmoto

Techmoto

New User
TubeBuddy User
Thanks for the feedback - I completely agree. I find the whole YouTube thing really interesting - I don't want to have millions of subscribers - I just want people to enjoy what I post :)

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Dude, forget the subs. It sounds like all you're after is subs. Subs come and go. It's just like the ocean or a river: It rises and falls. Things happen in seasons and in waves. If all you want is subs, you won't do this for long.

Cold hard reality: All our videos suck. Buy this book and do everything it says: "How to Shoot Video That Doesn't Suck," by Steve Stockman. You have to perfect your craft. Even Steven Spielberg is becoming a better filmmaker.

Take the next five years and crank out three to four highly searchable videos shot and edited according to the principles listed in the book above, then you'll know whether you're cut out for this or not.

The only thing we can do is improve the quality and quantity of our videos. We have no control whether or not anyone will subscribe.

Quality of Video
  • Quality of SEO
  • Quality of thumbnails
  • Quality of production value
Quantity of Video
  • Number of videos per week
  • Accumulated number of videos over time
  • Number of tags
  • Length of description
  • Quantity of promotion across social media channels
If quantity and quality of videos is not your #1 priority, then you won't progress on YouTube.
Some firm but fair points for long term stability on the platform.

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Subscriber Goal
I can see why YT is doing the whole sub rounding thing. Personally, I am amazed I have almost 140 subs on a channel I post randomly at the moment. I'll be honest, its not easy to ignore the concept of wanting views and subs but I really do wanna make quality content that people will find useful. Its why I haven't posted much lately because I am working on a plan to create quality content thus am using my current channel just to test out new editing tricks I've learned, new ideas on how to edit my videos to be somewhat unique and to test out the stuff I am learning on how to grow my channel.

OP
OP
Techmoto

Techmoto

New User
TubeBuddy User
I have been visiting the Isle of Man TT races this week and created some content on my channel that shows some of the racing. The races have been cancelled these last few days due to rain - so all the bikers are watching YouTube instead - getting some real traction off the latest videos which has taken me over 10,000 views - exciting!

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I have been visiting the Isle of Man TT races this week and created some content on my channel that shows some of the racing. The races have been cancelled these last few days due to rain - so all the bikers are watching YouTube instead - getting some real traction off the latest videos which has taken me over 10,000 views - exciting!
Hah! What a great opportunity!

OP
OP
Techmoto

Techmoto

New User
TubeBuddy User
So back from my holiday - bike back safe in the garage :) TT 2019 was a washout with 9 races cancelled due to weather, but this meant my videos got hit hard by ll the frustrated viewers in tents waiting to see some action :) Final tally after the week - 6 videos made and 26,000 minutes of watch time and 158 subscribers :) #contentmatters #itsallabouttiming

Ronnieleeeee

New User
TubeBuddy User
I can see where you’re coming from although subs isn’t that important. I’ve had videos reach 200+ views in just a few days, but lately it seems pretty slow, but all you can do is keep going with your quality and quantity. You have to play to win, so keep going and eventually the ball will roll, and that’s coming from me with only 145 subs and 4300 total views