Camera Gear Action Cam KOGAN

Zuhri Sani Fahmi

New User
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
hello there,

what do you think, when to use action cam kogan for make a youtube content ?
my budget is low, please give your suggest.

Thanks.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
hello there,

what do you think, when to use action cam kogan for make a youtube content ?
my budget is low, please give your suggest.

Thanks.
Well depends what kind of content you plan to make with an action cam. If you don't have a lot of use for it, and or your content doesn't fit to have the camera I say don't worry too much about it. Having a camera just to have doesn't make sense. If you can give more specific use case, then I can give you more reasons when to use it :D

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
I have a similar camera, here in the Philippines. It is a no-name Chinese GoPro knockoff... but under $40 (USD). The Kogan looks similarly priced, so probably similar results.

Mine is a cheap camera and has some limitations. For underwater use it is good. I have recorded some swimming an snorkeling vids and been very happy with the results. The problem is recording on land. Mine has a 2" viewscreen on the back - and no way to turn off the screen. If I use the camera in the case, out of the water, the camera overheats and shuts off (the water seems to keep it cool). If it shuts off while filming, the recording is lost. To film out of water I have to remove it from the sturdy case, then it stays cool and stays on. Mine has a built in mic (you have to remove the waterproof case for it work) but the sound quality is unusable. I use mine just for some specific action shots or underwater shots. My main vid is recorded on my phone. The clips using my action cam have to get a voice over track in post.

It is a $40 version of a $400 camera - it is not going to be the same quality. But if it is all you can get for now, it is better to use it than to use nothing. For daily recording, most smartphones will be better.