Need Advice Hi. I'm an Educational Youtuber, who is in need of an education.

grandhistorytv

New User
Hi there, I've started a History channel and whilst this is a strange and wonderful experience, I'm slightly overwhelmed by the challenge set before me. Not only must I wade through waist-high waters in order to step onto the lovely fresh grass that coats the "100 subscribers field", I have to trudge forth, promoting and improving content, otherwise only the keen folks will find, and enjoy, my stuff.

I guess what I'm asking is: how do I go about promoting my educational channel without alienating people, or reducing myself to a no-good, silly-billy spammer? And where could I share my stuff, other than Reddit?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi there, I've started a History channel and whilst this is a strange and wonderful experience, I'm slightly overwhelmed by the challenge set before me. Not only must I wade through waist-high waters in order to step onto the lovely fresh grass that coats the "100 subscribers field", I have to trudge forth, promoting and improving content, otherwise only the keen folks will find, and enjoy, my stuff.

I guess what I'm asking is: how do I go about promoting my educational channel without alienating people, or reducing myself to a no-good, silly-billy spammer? And where could I share my stuff, other than Reddit?

Thank you!
Well first how are people finding your content? That's the important thing to fist identify. Where are your viewers coming from? Can you post a screenshot of your analytics, traffic sources? :)

Aaron

goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Education is some of the easiest content to discover and in my opinion it all starts with answering a question or explaining a topic. SEO the video so that someone seeking knowledge can easily find it.

Techmoto

New User
TubeBuddy User
Use social media to your advantage - there are Facebook groups for everything. Search for history teacher channels and post on there. I jumped 40 subscribers in 2 days with my electronics guides and they are now being used in schools - which hopefully will show growth every time they are used. Unfortunately in most UK schools YouTube is banned for students and so its only the teacher hits we are getting - but it is worth it. Also consider posting on professional bodies such as TES or even consider writing an article for your professional body magazine on how you are sharing resources with the world - if they bite you might get paid for the article and it will go to every department in schools when published.

Its a slow process - i'm up to 60 subs with lots of positive comments - keep plugging away.

Last edited by a moderator: