• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Could YOU better understand, and find your value Proposition from this video?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
User name: Andrew
Title of thread: Could YOU better understand, and find your value Proposition from this video?
Self review: I have been working on my content, and the watch percentage on this video is VERY high! I think quality wise I am happy with it, but my question. Can you easily understand what a Value Proposition is, and then could you find your own based on what I have shown here? Also, what were your thoughts on the animation? Was it able to keep it interesting in your opinion? let me know! Thank you!
Link to video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Utbbbp9_9w

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/20786/post-54650

Beanie Draws

I'm really loving the animations! (how'd you do that btw? which program) it really gives a game theory vibe in the animation and I can see an evolution in your story telling progress forming in this video :) (the shark and scream is hilarious :p if you can keep those quirky bits of humor in future videos you're onto a winner!)

Now the critical (because it can't all be praise and we always have more we can learn :) )

Not quite sure if the "sand" in the jaws bit was intended because it looked a bit odd.
There were some elements where I would have gone with a differant font, 0:50 I get that you were going for the film script style, but then when the animation went further, it started getting a little too MS Publisher... but it doesn't overly take away because it does give the impression of script text.

The person at the computer. Great touch and the animation and "click" were nice, but maybe you were a little wide in that shot and it took a little away from the screen. You zoomed in, and I actually would have started a little more zoomed in, starting at a crop just by the back of their head would have given more focus on the screen.

The swipe transition was slick!
The problem is you now have another font different to the other font you were with, (not actually sure if you made that page) but I'd have stuck with the script style for that one.

(how'd you do the next typy thing? I loved that, would love to know how to do that for future references)

2:35(ish) I think you have too many font styles, and I'm sorry but I gotta say it, that graph was a bit of a headache to watch... NEVER use red, bright blue and yellow and green in that way, that was hard to watch and really kinda highlighted the inexperience in animation. I know that sounds harsh :( but yeah, I would have gone with a completely different style, or maybe hire someone to make a graph on fiver.

LOL chef Kan! :p That made me giggle :p

So overall I love what you've done. The message was clear. Sure it's a bit rough around the edges graphic wise, but that's to be expected for someone trying a new style of presentation :) I really liked it. Just focus down on having a defined style in your graphs and text and that should help things a lot :) (study what Brian G does with his graphics. He has a very defined style in all his graphic presentations)

• Love
Reactions: Andrew
OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I'm really loving the animations! (how'd you do that btw? which program) it really gives a game theory vibe in the animation and I can see an evolution in your story telling progress forming in this video :) (the shark and scream is hilarious :p if you can keep those quirky bits of humor in future videos you're onto a winner!)

Now the critical (because it can't all be praise and we always have more we can learn :) )

Not quite sure if the "sand" in the jaws bit was intended because it looked a bit odd.
There were some elements where I would have gone with a differant font, 0:50 I get that you were going for the film script style, but then when the animation went further, it started getting a little too MS Publisher... but it doesn't overly take away because it does give the impression of script text.

The person at the computer. Great touch and the animation and "click" were nice, but maybe you were a little wide in that shot and it took a little away from the screen. You zoomed in, and I actually would have started a little more zoomed in, starting at a crop just by the back of their head would have given more focus on the screen.

The swipe transition was slick!
The problem is you now have another font different to the other font you were with, (not actually sure if you made that page) but I'd have stuck with the script style for that one.

(how'd you do the next typy thing? I loved that, would love to know how to do that for future references)

2:35(ish) I think you have too many font styles, and I'm sorry but I gotta say it, that graph was a bit of a headache to watch... NEVER use red, bright blue and yellow and green in that way, that was hard to watch and really kinda highlighted the inexperience in animation. I know that sounds harsh :( but yeah, I would have gone with a completely different style, or maybe hire someone to make a graph on fiver.

LOL chef Kan! :p That made me giggle :p

So overall I love what you've done. The message was clear. Sure it's a bit rough around the edges graphic wise, but that's to be expected for someone trying a new style of presentation :) I really liked it. Just focus down on having a defined style in your graphs and text and that should help things a lot :) (study what Brian G does with his graphics. He has a very defined style in all his graphic presentations)
Thank you beanie! Fair, and gives me a lot to think about! I'll keep working on it, and will look for more eye catching fonts. The sans was supposed to be there. Idea was beach transitioning to screen.

hwg

Newbie Member
Member of the Month
Wow this is EXACTLY what I am struggling with right now, putting into words our Value Proposition and, more specifically, boiling it down into a tagline for the YouTube Channel Art. I'm so glad you made this video.

Can you easily understand what a Value Proposition is, and then could you find your own based on what I have shown here?

Yes. You provided good advice throughout the video that was helpful with finding a Value Proposition.
Example : "If a video doesn't fit the audience you want to build, don't make it." Straight to the point and easy to understand. And a real timer saver when you think about it!

In the comparison to Jaws: "... entice them to learn more about your content." Yes! You just gave me a 'lightbulb' moment! Thank you lol

I appreciated the helpful fill-in-the-blank form. And the five tips help focus and "niche down" as they say.

Great sound effects, too. And loved the Brady Bunch effect! I thought you kept everything moving at a great pace, too.

You have a terrific screen presence. Great energy! :)

EmzChad

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Love this video.

Its bright, colourful and engaging. You have a fantastic screen presence, very natural. The video is also a nice length, sometimes they can be a little long and the information can be overwhelming.

Loved the example of jaws and the use of the blank form.

I can honestly say there isn't an area I would improve. You have great content, keep doing what you are doing. :)