Need Advice Using non relevant tags with high ranking scores?

Bongo

New User
TubeBuddy Pro
I hope Im posting this in the right place. Or if its been covered can somone point me in the right direction.

Im uploading a video where I make a coffee table and editing the title/desc/tags etc. Im on a Windows based desktop PC with Chrome.

Ive just started on the tags after writing title and full description and Im browsing the Recommended Tags as provided by Tubebuddy. Im noticing that some of them also have ranking scores alongside them.
Some of these are relatable to my content such as 'How to build a table 9' and 'River Table 8' and so on, these I would definitely use. But there are also some such as 'How to tie a tie 9' and 'How to make slime' which arent at all relevant but are relevant to the whole genre of watching cool stuff.

Should I also be including these to try and win a wider audience?
Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I hope Im posting this in the right place. Or if its been covered can somone point me in the right direction.

Im uploading a video where I make a coffee table and editing the title/desc/tags etc. Im on a Windows based desktop PC with Chrome.

Ive just started on the tags after writing title and full description and Im browsing the Recommended Tags as provided by Tubebuddy. Im noticing that some of them also have ranking scores alongside them.
Some of these are relatable to my content such as 'How to build a table 9' and 'River Table 8' and so on, these I would definitely use. But there are also some such as 'How to tie a tie 9' and 'How to make slime' which arent at all relevant but are relevant to the whole genre of watching cool stuff.

As we say in TB it's YOUR job as the creator to pick and use relevant tags to your specific video. The way our system works is based on your videos title and tags. So when you choose more relevant tags you get even better results.

Also irrelevant tags are against TOS.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal

If you put in tags that aren't related to your videos (even if it might be related in the genre), it could be counted as tag stuffing. That is against Youtube's TOS: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801973?hl=en.

Besides, if I'm looking for how to make a DIY winter cat shelter, I'm not looking for how to tie a tie ;)