Need Advice Should I delete or change my channel?

Sanoma

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Hello everyone!
(If you don't know me you'll learn quickly that I enjoy my long posts;))
Backstory:
Its been a while since I've posted in the forums and that's due to many life changes that have also affected my channel. I have recently been accepted to nursing school and started attending as well as got a job in the nursing field. I have an EDM channel that I've had for a few years now where I post about Festivals and Shows I go to, information about EDM Culture, festival outfits, etc. I love making videos and love the community of creators because we share common intrests, even if we don't make the same content.

The Issue:
My life has changed quite a bit and I would still love to be able to continue making videos so I'm not sure if I should change the topic of my channel or just create a new one. If I do just change the topic should I take down all the old content surrounding EDM and rebrand or should I keep the old content and rebrand? Either way with changing the content to keep up with my changing life or creating a new channel, I will have to rebrand.

Many of the people who subscribed to me (I assume) subscribed for the EDM content I make. Near the beginning of starting nursing school, I stopped posting to my channel and I wish I would've come here first instead of trying to figure it out myself. My views have gone down dramatically and I have lost a few subscribers (which is expected when you drop off the face of youtube lol). I love making videos, it's been a hobby of mine for almost 11 years now and It took a lot of courage to create a channel and put myself out there but now that I've overcome that I want to continue with it. I was thinking about changing my channel to a more nursing themed channel where I can talk about working in nursing, going through nursing school, nursing tips, as well as being able to post about my life.

Any help is greatly appreciated I'm pretty open to suggestions and tips as well as an (helpful) critisism because it helps me grow and makes me a better creator.

Thank you :heart:

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
If you're changing to a completely different subject, I'd suggest you make a different channel and leave your old channel as a sort of archive of what you did before.

It would be hard to convert any EDM fans into nursing fans :thinking:

OP
OP
Sanoma

Sanoma

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
If you're changing to a completely different subject, I'd suggest you make a different channel and leave your old channel as a sort of archive of what you did before.

It would be hard to convert any EDM fans into nursing fans :thinking:
I agree with you there, it would be hard to convert EDM fans over to nursing/lifestyle videos. There's just so many pro's and cons to weigh such as losing the 500 subscribers I currently have, trying to go through the effort of that first 100 again, rebranding, figuring out what to do with the brand I do have with my current website, facebook page, Instagram, Twitter, having to get a new business email with the new brand, possibly deactivating the old business email, etc.
But on the flip side, with the creation of a new channel, I have all the knowledge I gained from the first channel and would be able to completely rebrand into something new, possibly gain subscriptions faster because of the knowledge I have and be able to set up a better-looking channel.

With the creation of a new channel would you suggest me creating a new Instagram, Facebook Page, and Twitter? Should I just archive my old Instagram posts related to my (old) channel and continue posting? Creating a new facebook page wouldn't be bad because I don't have that many likes nor have I posted to it in a long time.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm a supporter of a fresh start. The fans that did know you might like an update, and so you can say you're ending it and switching. I'd say focus on a new channel :)