• Guest NEW FORUM SECTION! Click Here to learn more!

Community I made my first 'take down' request...

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
Well, I had an odd notification this morning on YouTube.
So I looked into it and it turns out there are 3 people that took my videos and posted them as their own. Not clips. Entire vid. Including my intro, and the school kids at the end saying "Thank you Tito Tim". So... I went ahead and put in a take down request. I did not know YT really looked at stuff that closely. It is not like I am BMG ha ha.

Copyright.JPG

The worst one was by a scumbag KingBiz. They took my entire TubeBuddy vid - and changed nothing - except the affiliate link. Seems like a shitty move to me. But the crazy one was a travel vid channel that just steals other vids... and has 10 times more subs than I do ha ha.

Anyway, I was surprised YT monitors this, and I happily sent a take down notice on all three. I would say YouTube's copyright system is not completely broken. :cool:

copy pic.JPG

A while back I did use the YT beta bulk tool to change the usage on all my vids from Creative Commons (recommended by someone when I first started) to Standard License. Easy, one click change. Maybe that is why they are monitoring?

Last edited:

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Wow! Didn't know YouTube had that system in place. The last time I knew somebody stole my video was because somebody in the comments told me about it xD

Sanoma

TubeBuddy Star
Had no idea that youtube actually did this! That is absolutely amazing, I've always wondered what would happen if people took videos and uploaded them as their own. How would I find them? Would I ever find them? It's a relief that it isn't something I have to worry about because youtube looks into it. I'll have to check and see if any of my videos have been stolen. Great information! Thank you!

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Well, I had an odd notification this morning on YouTube.
So I looked into it and it turns out there are 3 people that took my videos and posted them as their own. Not clips. Entire vid. Including my intro, and the school kids at the end saying "Thank you Tito Tim". So... I went ahead and put in a take down request. I did not know YT really looked at stuff that closely. It is not like I am BMG ha ha.

View attachment 2757

The worst one was by a scumbag KingBiz. They took my entire TubeBuddy vid - and changed nothing - except the affiliate link. Seems like a shitty move to me. But the crazy one was a travel vid channel that just steals other vids... and has 10 times more subs than I do ha ha.

Anyway, I was surprised YT monitors this, and I happily sent a take down notice on all three. I would say YouTube's copyright system is not completely broken. :cool:

View attachment 2758

A while back I did use the YT beta bulk tool to change the usage on all my vids from Creative Commons (recommended by someone when I first started) to Standard License. Easy, one click change. Maybe that is why they are monitoring?
That's awesome! Sorry that happened to you :/ :X

Bongo

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Had no idea that youtube actually did this! That is absolutely amazing, I've always wondered what would happen if people took videos and uploaded them as their own. How would I find them? Would I ever find them? It's a relief that it isn't something I have to worry about because youtube looks into it. I'll have to check and see if any of my videos have been stolen. Great information! Thank you!
Once you reach a certain point youtube will also open up a section in the copyright part of your channel that lets you scan for your content uploaded to other peoples. Ive had quite a few angry people contact me demanding and then begging and then being abusive because youtube has taken the videos down and given them a strike. In one case youtube deleted their account as the video they had copied had done about 180,000 views and had been monetised so I lost out there and wasnt happy about that.

Sanoma

TubeBuddy Star
Once you reach a certain point youtube will also open up a section in the copyright part of your channel that lets you scan for your content uploaded to other peoples. Ive had quite a few angry people contact me demanding and then begging and then being abusive because youtube has taken the videos down and given them a strike. In one case youtube deleted their account as the video they had copied had done about 180,000 views and had been monetised so I lost out there and wasnt happy about that.
I'm so sorry that happened to you, it doesn't sound like a pleasant experience and I'd be pretty upset about it had it been me. I'm learning a bunch of new things today! I didn't know about that feature. It's cool that youtube looks out for the people who use the platform by protecting their content.

Reactions: Bongo

Bongo

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Im not sure if they rolled out the full feature of it yet, but if you look in your Youtube Studio Beta homepage on the left hand side it might have a copyright section. This then gives me a match on who has my videos, on mine you can see that a few have been matched but that is something Im aware of. The one at the bottom of the screen in russian is a new upload and ill get that taken down soon.
And your raving channel, pretty cool :) I started raving to 808state and the likes of Tim Simenon Bomb The Bass in 1988 :) I dont rave no more but listen to a lot of edm :)

Attachments

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
So hold on. You said they took a TB video you made, reuploaded it to their channel and put their own TB affiliate link? Shouldn't TB be removing this person's affiliate link since they seem to be abusing it?

Reactions: Bongo
OP
OP
Tito Tim

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
I had no idea YT did this either. I was glad to see they do ha ha

So hold on. You said they took a TB video you made, reuploaded it to their channel and put their own TB affiliate link? Shouldn't TB be removing this person's affiliate link since they seem to be abusing it?
That is above my paygrade... (they would have done better making their own... mine was not really that good)

Bongo

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Shouldn't TB be removing this person's affiliate link since they seem to be abusing it?
You could make a complaint to TB with screenshots if you took and kept them complaining about that, its pretty fradulent and underhand behavior if they earnt money from Tim's hard work.

Reactions: Ikerot