YouTube News Revive an Old YT Channel? or Start From Scratch?

charlenebond

New User
Sooo... I'm sure many of you have pondered this question at some point. I have an old YT channel that is inactive. I've decided to re-brand and start a new YT journey, however, I'm not sure if it would be best to start from my old account or start from scratch. My old account has subscribers and comments from users who seem to be inactive as well. Not sure if keeping them would be beneficial or not.

Which option is best?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Sooo... I'm sure many of you have pondered this question at some point. I have an old YT channel that is inactive. I've decided to re-brand and start a new YT journey, however, I'm not sure if it would be best to start from my old account or start from scratch. My old account has subscribers and comments from users who seem to be inactive as well. Not sure if keeping them would be beneficial or not.

Which option is best?
What is the channel about? Would you still be making the content that it's about on it? I'd always air on a new channel here.... It has a fresh face and Youtube looks at it a bit differently then one with an established audience. It also looks bad that you may have X amount of subs from an outside stance, and little to no views, so it's important to think. "how would a new viewer look at this?"

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Subscriber Goal
Ironically enough I was thinking about just that today. I've had it on my mind for a couple of weeks now but was not sure how to ask so I appreciate you did it for those of us wondering the same thing. My channel is not inactive, but at least 3/4 of my subs are from the early days, some from my son's friends. I feel the need to start fresh with new channel art, new videos and a whole new concept based on what I have learned in just the past 4 months.

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I chose to abandon my old Greenhorn Gardening channel. Started afresh with the Black Warrior Lures channel. The old channel had 800 subs, but never seemed to grow much. Part of me wishes that I could tag on those 800 subscribers, lol, but since the new channel surpassed 800 subscriber much quicker, I haven't looked back.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I'd say if you want to start on something completely different, then make a new channel. It's better to start fresh than to try to purge the old viewers out of your restarted channel (or try to convert them).