Official Youtube Working On New Metrics For Videos That May Change How We Make Videos And The Kind Of Content We Share

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Subscriber Goal
So it seems Youtube has some new tricks coming to the website that could change how creators make their videos and also the kind of content used in the videos from what I have read. It seems one of the new metrics, called Quality Watch Time, will focus on how a video is appropriate but also constructive and responsible. In other words conspiracy theories, "fake news" and the likes will likely suffer heavily under this new metric (which to me is a good thing) but educational videos like How To's, Science and others will benefit more. It's possible this could lead to more help channels but I'm pretty sure it will also bring great criticism as videos that may not seem bad could be tagged for talking about topics that are not appropriate, constructive and responsible. Kinda like making videos praising Hitler is obviously a bad thing thus not appropriate, constructive or responsible but making a video talking about people who make videos praising Hitler could also be seen as not appropriate, constructive or responsible even if they are if this algorithm can't tell the difference as it does today.

Of course, I'm speaking from the point of view of someone who has a little knowledge of how Youtube works so I am not sure if this is how it will work. But if it does it could be a good thing for many channels and bad for others if not implemented properly.

YouTube Is Plotting A New Metric That Would Reward ‘Quality Watch Time’ (Report)
https://www.tubefilter.com/2019/04/12/youtube-new-metric-quality-watch-time/

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So it seems Youtube has some new tricks coming to the website that could change how creators make their videos and also the kind of content used in the videos from what I have read. It seems one of the new metrics, called Quality Watch Time, will focus on how a video is appropriate but also constructive and responsible. In other words conspiracy theories, "fake news" and the likes will likely suffer heavily under this new metric (which to me is a good thing) but educational videos like How To's, Science and others will benefit more. It's possible this could lead to more help channels but I'm pretty sure it will also bring great criticism as videos that may not seem bad could be tagged for talking about topics that are not appropriate, constructive and responsible. Kinda like making videos praising Hitler is obviously a bad thing thus not appropriate, constructive or responsible but making a video talking about people who make videos praising Hitler could also be seen as not appropriate, constructive or responsible even if they are if this algorithm can't tell the difference as it does today.

Of course, I'm speaking from the point of view of someone who has a little knowledge of how Youtube works so I am not sure if this is how it will work. But if it does it could be a good thing for many channels and bad for others if not implemented properly.

YouTube Is Plotting A New Metric That Would Reward ‘Quality Watch Time’ (Report)
https://www.tubefilter.com/2019/04/12/youtube-new-metric-quality-watch-time/
It's something they have to do, but if you don't do anything necessarily against YT TOS you're fine. I'm not scared of this, but I'm excited to see how it will do for channels like TB, and such :D

OP
OP
BraveStarrTG

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Subscriber Goal
It's something they have to do, but if you don't do anything necessarily against YT TOS you're fine. I'm not scared of this, but I'm excited to see how it will do for channels like TB, and such :D
I have to believe channels like TB and the channel I am currently working on should benefit greatly by this. At least based on what I understand so far. And it may bring about more channels like this as well. I may need to also figure out how to make my gaming videos more constructive and appropriate.

Guitar Hack

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
More censorship ??
If it is, get ready for the litigation. FB is already being sued for this exact reason.
Gov are trying to implement free speech laws into public forums and abolish alga-rhythmic results.
I truly hope this never eventuates.
As a Republic, people have a right to choice.