YouTube News How many ads do you run per video?

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I was wondering how many ads do you run per video? Do you break up your content with ads, or do you only run ads at the beginning or end of your videos? I was wondering if interrupting the videos with ads would break up the watch time statistics.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I was wondering how many ads do you run per video? Do you break up your content with ads, or do you only run ads at the beginning or end of your videos? I was wondering if interrupting the videos with ads would break up the watch time statistics.
I usually do two! One before the video, and one once the video ends :)

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
I clicked all available boxes... not sure how many YT inserts. I have whatever YT defaults to. I get paid - so they are putting in some. I suppose it is beginning & end?

As a viewer it would be rare for a vid to keep my interest well enough to put up with a mid-roll ad. Since I would not watch one, I do not add them.

~edit~ I just noticed the checkbox for after the vid... guess I just have them at the beginning. Would anyone watch an end ad? (I know I would not).

ads.JPG

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I clicked all available boxes... not sure how many YT inserts. I have whatever YT defaults to. I get paid - so they are putting in some. I suppose it is beginning & end?

As a viewer it would be rare for a vid to keep my interest well enough to put up with a mid-roll ad. Since I would not watch one, I do not add them.

~edit~ I just noticed the checkbox for after the vid... guess I just have them at the beginning. Would anyone watch an end ad? (I know I would not).

View attachment 2719
Currently you only have one ad being displayed at the beginning of the video :) However all ad types are accepted.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I only have ads playing in the beginning of the videos, mainly because I don't really bother to check monetization as much :v

Ater

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
When It comes to video ads I normally only do the add at the beginning. The reason for that is that people don't like adds and my channel is still small and growing (getting between 25 - 90K views a month) and I believe focusing on growth is more important to my channel than making money right now. In the future, if I ever get to the position where the channel could actually give a decent amount of money I would probably focus more on the monetisation.

But recently I have been doing some experimenting with monetisations, video length, audience retention and multiple ads and stuff like that just to better learn what type of videos to create and better know what to do when I want to focus more on monetisation then I currently do.

Beanie Draws

I only have one (maybe two) at the start and end, BUT I'll use a strategically placed ad somewhere in the middle when a key element has changed, I.e, my main sketch is done - ad break - now we're going to start the inking stage.
If you can work them in strategically, I think most audiences now would prefer a mid roll ad that they can skip, rather than an unskippble "and now I'd like to talk about my sponsor for 1-2 minutes which has nothing to do with this video, but because it's burned in you can't skip it, and if you complain about it, you're a hater despite the fact we're forcing you to watch ads you can't opt out of EVEN IF YOU'RE USING PREMIUM"

That's my ad policy :)