YouTube Question Becoming a content creator has changed my YouTube viewing habits.

Stanley Orchard

New User
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Not monetized yet either, but man it is refreshing to hear this. I do the same; part of being a good YouTuber is BEING a good YouTuber. You gotta be a good and recognizable member of your community. Kudos on your ethic!

Ater

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Since I became a content creator I want to know more about the video creator. I often check out the About section in the channel page and I pretty often click the show more in the description below videos. I also check out the comments more often than I used to do.

I also want to learn/see what they are doing well/badly so I often check out stuff like sub numbers, what are the channels popular videos, how they organize the channel page, thumbnail design, playlist, how the channel is doing (new subs, views on newer videos compared to older) and stuff like that. But that's mostly when I check out channels similar to my own, the same niche or at least relatable. I rarely do these things for other types of channels.

I would like to get premium but I don't have any interest in YouTube Music and YouTube Originals and paying $12.5 a month just to skip adds is not reasonable to me. If I could get just ad free for about $2 maybe $3 I would probably get it.

Last edited:

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
I would like to get premium but I don't have any interest in YouTube Music and YouTube Originals and paying $12.5 a month just to skip adds is not reasonable to me. If I could get just add free for about $2 maybe $3 I would probably get it.
It is not available in the Philippines yet so I had no idea how much it was. $12.50?! No freaking way, man. That is more than Netflix.

Beanie Draws

I've been an adblock user, but that was long before I was a regular YouTube user. I initially installed it to avoid Facebook exploitative ads that I couldn't escape, and then left it running and forgot about it.
After a while, I kinda saw the differance between exploitive ads, and supportive ads. I've unblocked youtube and several other websites.

The new trend which I'm really hating is people sliding a cheeky 2 minute wix/squarespace/whatever other sponsor, spot into a video where the spot doesn't belong. It's incredibly rude to the audience. An ad at the start of a video is fine, heck, I don't mind a 30 second "but first, a word from our sponsors" the way Bitwit, Pauls Harware and Linus Tech Tips and a lot of the tech channels do it, is perfectly reasonable.

What is completely unreasonable is mid way into a video "and now I want to take a moment and stop drawing and talk to you about how this videogame/appdeveloper/whatever product is so great, it has nothing to do with this video, but I'm still going to force you to watch it. It pays my bills and if you don't like that, then you don't support me even though you're the one watching this video and being subjected to 2 minutes of unrelated content to "support" me"

Nope, sorry, not having it. And it's exploitive actions like THAT which initially had me using adblock to begin with.

That and originally there was a lot of malware in ads that adblockers supposedly were good at preventing, so adblock was a malware prevention as well.