TubeBuddy Tips Setting Yourself Goals!

Kazroceliam

New User
TubeBuddy Pro
A way find to stay motivated is to set yourself certain goals to reach while producing content on YouTube!
But the question is do you guys set yourself small very easy to reach goals, or bigger and harder to achieve goals? Me personally, I've been setting myself small subscriber goals e.g; 10 Subscribers, 25 Subscribers and Im now currently trying to hit 50!
How do you guys do it? and do you also set yourself a views/upload goal?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
A way find to stay motivated is to set yourself certain goals to reach while producing content on YouTube!
But the question is do you guys set yourself small very easy to reach goals, or bigger and harder to achieve goals? Me personally, I've been setting myself small subscriber goals e.g; 10 Subscribers, 25 Subscribers and Im now currently trying to hit 50!
I do upload goals! I can't control if people subscribe, but I can control the quality of content I produce and how often I do that! That's why it's in my banner, and I'm proud to display it! I think subscribers are the easiest for others to see, but I care now more people I have helped, comments mean the most to me :D

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I usually go by 500 increments, but that's only because that's how I notice my subscriber count. I don't really celebrate too much whenever I reach a subscriber goal or anything.
My set goal is to get 100 views on each of my videos xD

I also follow likes and comments since those give me a better sense of my community rather than my sub count.

Bitbat

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My certain goal would be about 20 subscribers right now

Smallio

New User
A bit off topic because my channels brand spanking new but I do code in my spare time and to keep myself motivated is to set a goal of doing atleast an hour of work on a project everyday :)

I find once you push yourself to start doing something you don't want to stop.

Subscriber Goal
This is good! Thanks for the advice!

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
This:
I do upload goals! I can't control if people subscribe, but I can control the quality of content I produce and how often I do that! That's why it's in my banner, and I'm proud to display it! I think subscribers are the easiest for others to see, but I care now more people I have helped, comments mean the most to me :D
I see so many people groping after subscribers. Their channels seem all about them, and they don't care about helping people.

I also agree that content uploads goals are the way. Consistently upload searchable content and try to help people, then your channel will grow. Most people just want subscribers and view because they're just interested in their own pursuits.

I was doing some key words searches last night. It's amazing how many people want to get subscribers without uploading content. Honestly such people shouldn't be allowed on YouTube. These are exactly the kind of people who will abuse the platform, making hard for those of us doing is right.

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Sorry to double post, but there is a big difference between setting a goal, and having a hoped for outcome.

Most people say, "My goal is 50k subs!" That is not a goal. That is a hoped-for outcome. It may happen it may not.

A proper goal has to be something you and only you can execute. If you say, "I'm going to upload 3 to 4 highly searchable videos per week over the next two years!!!!11!!!1!!!" That is a properly disciplined goal. You can do that. Along the way chart your progress, see what happens, and make adjustments to your goals based on the data that your disciplined effort provides.

Goals need to have upper and lower limits. Too low and you won't achieve much; too high and you will burn out. Each goal needs to have a time frame, not too long, not to too short. It's a balancing act.

Ronnieleeeee

New User
TubeBuddy User
Sorry to double post, but there is a big difference between setting a goal, and having a hoped for outcome.

Most people say, "My goal is 50k subs!" That is not a goal. That is a hoped-for outcome. It may happen it may not.

A proper goal has to be something you and only you can execute. If you say, "I'm going to upload 3 to 4 highly searchable videos per week over the next two years!!!!11!!!1!!!" That is a properly disciplined goal. You can do that. Along the way chart your progress, see what happens, and make adjustments to your goals based on the data that your disciplined effort provides.

Goals need to have upper and lower limits. Too low and you won't achieve much; too high and you will burn out. Each goal needs to have a time frame, not too long, not to too short. It's a balancing act.
Well said!