• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Community Any Advice on producing a video essay?

techburstco

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Star
Hello, buds!
I'm currently am working on re-launching my channel and I would like to know if you any of you guys have ever worked on a video essay for a video game you love or etc.
I would like to hear your personal experience of what the process is like.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Hello, buds!
I'm currently am working on re-launching my channel and I would like to know if you any of you guys have ever worked on a video essay for a video game you love or etc.
I would like to hear your personal experience of what the process is like.

Moved to general discussion since that would fit better there!

When it comes to writing an essay it's like we were told in school. Have a point, hook them in the beginning, and be sure to defend that point through the essay. Knowing what you would be writing one about would be a lot easier :) You said video game, but which video game specifically? :)

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
When it comes to writing an essay it's like we were told in school. Have a point, hook them in the beginning, and be sure to defend that point through the essay. Knowing what you would be writing one about would be a lot easier :) You said video game, but which video game specifically? :)
I agreed with that. Hook them in by showcasing your point in the beginning and then start on why you think your point is valid. It would be good to know what you're writing about.

OP
OP
techburstco

techburstco

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Star
Moved to general discussion since that would fit better there!

In my case, it's going to be on a newly released game called Day's Gone. They are a lot of things that I want to discuss so per your advice I guess I'll have to really work on that hook. Great but how do you get past the awkward feeling of filming yourself on camera or during a voice over I guess I'm being super self - conscious at the moment.

Reactions: Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
In my case, it's going to be on a newly released game called Day's Gone. They are a lot of things that I want to discuss so per your advice I guess I'll have to really work on that hook. Great but how do you get past the awkward feeling of filming yourself on camera or during a voice over I guess I'm being super self - conscious at the moment.
The best way is to do, constantly do it until it feels natural. I hate watching my first videos, but it's me figuring it out. Practice, practice practice and just worry more about is this conveying what I want people to know?

Reactions: techburstco
OP
OP
techburstco

techburstco

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Star
You're right practice, practice, and more practice got it! I guesI'llll put myself out there and just get it done. Ok,ay thanks guys.

• Love
Reactions: Andrew