• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Opinion What is your opinion on e-learning courses?

Bitbat

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Already, me and @TanookiAlex's school have started registering for these courses.
You may wonder: What is e learning?
E learning is basically a type of course where instead of doing it on pencil and paper and having a teacher present, everybody learns the course online via a virtual teacher. This is available for things such as english and computer science.
Our school argues that it is good because it is accessible anywhere, and may resolve timetable issues. However, i disagree with that because the person doing the course will have a hard time getting help and may lead to lack of teacher jobs.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
I took some online courses back when I was still going to college and I hated it lol. I'm not the kind to self-study, so I'd rather be in a classroom at a specific time interval and a teacher present. I know some people really like it because you can easily cheat test and quizzes (since you are on your own), but that doesn't really help you learn anything. Anyways, at least those online courses still had a professor who you can email to for any questions.

What do you mean by a virtual teacher? Is it an AI or something? I'd understand if it's a recording of a teacher.

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
I never really liked online classes. My first was a COBOL class in 1984. I thought it was pretty cool we could take a class over the computer... but did not learn well that way. I have taken a lot of online classes over the years and for me, they are not very productive. Too easy to watch the video 'class' and pass a test - but I retain almost nothing.

Reactions: Bitbat

Beanie Draws

Things like Skillshare are a bit expensive for me to keep going to long term (unless I can arrange a sponsorship deal with them... which realistically I probably should) but I've loved skillshare and other e classes.

To be YouTube Certified you actually have to take an online class, so while it wouldn't have much use for my channel outside my own knowledge, I am thinking about taking that class anyway so I can be actually certified for when I want to expand on helping others :)

Reactions: Bitbat
OP
OP
Bitbat

Bitbat

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
I took some online courses back when I was still going to college and I hated it lol. I'm not the kind to self-study, so I'd rather be in a classroom at a specific time interval and a teacher present. I know some people really like it because you can easily cheat test and quizzes (since you are on your own), but that doesn't really help you learn anything. Anyways, at least those online courses still had a professor who you can email to for any questions.

What do you mean by a virtual teacher? Is it an AI or something? I'd understand if it's a recording of a teacher.
It's a recording of a teacher i think.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
It's a recording of a teacher i think.
Ah. It isn't all too bad then. Like the others said, it kind of sound like Skillshare in a way. On the other hand, I'm still very much for a physical class because I'm the type of person who gets distracted very easily xD

OP
OP
Bitbat

Bitbat

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Ah. It isn't all too bad then. Like the others said, it kind of sound like Skillshare in a way. On the other hand, I'm still very much for a physical class because I'm the type of person who gets distracted very easily xD
Yeah i'm for physical classes too. When i learn something online anything except internet or computer related i just.... forget.

123Geek

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Some e-learning sites are awesome. There used to be this one that was free called cybrary.it, however, they made it not free. :( So it really depends on the type of IT