• Guest NEW FORUM SECTION! Click Here to learn more!

Question Views Increasing but Revenue is not

Jsnow

New User
Hey everyone,
The day I was monetized almost a month ago I received around 300 monetized playbacks, the next day around 200. Since than it has pretty much stalled at that number and so has the revenue. I have been getting between 1500 to 2200 views a day. Just wondering how is this possible if the average view time for the channel for the last 28 days is 4:56.

Thanks in advance..

Last edited:

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
Have you looked to see where the views are from? I get a lot more ad revenue for American views than Philippine views. I noticed that last month my view numbers were down 8% and watch time was down 20%... but my revenue was up 10%.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Have you looked to see where the views are from? I get a lot more ad revenue for American views than Philippine views. I noticed that last month my view numbers were down 8% and watch time was down 20%... but my revenue was up 10%.
That's a good question. I know Russian viewers will give you less ad revenue than American viewers. It's a reason why some Russian youtubers would try to appeal to English speakers.

OP
OP
J

Jsnow

New User
That's a good question. I know Russian viewers will give you less ad revenue than American viewers. It's a reason why some Russian youtubers would try to appeal to English speakers.
Hi guys thank you for your replies. 11% of my views have been from the US. On march 26 and 27 my revenue was .01 cent per day. From the 27th till today revenue is 0. Very confused at this point. It does not make sense to me with the views I am getting. Is it possible that the revenue is not updating? Should i wait for the full month to pass?

Beanie Draws

Pretty sure ad rate revenue varies from month to month, and is also differant for each niche as well, and from what I understand, it's even differant on an individual level... JackSepticEye and Markiplier may be in the same niche, but each has differant viewerships, and their locations are differant as well so they probably wouldn't get the same rate. I think it's individualised.

Realistically Revenue from ads is completely out of your control as it's not determined by you so there's no point stressing over it.

What you DO have control over, are brand deals and sponsorships you arrange outside of Adsense. You have full control over that (as long as you're good at negotiating) but YouTube ad rates vs view ratio is irrelevant and there's no point trying to figure it out. Some niches perform better, some months are better than others, it's completely out of your control.

Yeah I think it's all up to the advertisers on their end when doing their ad campaigns. VPN companies are probably more likely to want their ads seen in places like Russia, Europe and Asia, and on many tech channels. Australia is in the middle of an Election year so we're getting a lot of Government (propaganda) ads which no one else around the world will see, BUT those ads might appear on your channel because I'm watching your channel from Australia, but you might be in America and have no idea you're getting Australian based ads on your videos that you'll never see. So it's very random and I doubt anyone will truly figure it out.

So as I said, we're better off understanding brand and sponsorship deals instead because those ARE in our control :)

Reactions: Jsnow
OP
OP
J

Jsnow

New User
Pretty sure ad rate revenue varies from month to month, and is also differant for each niche as well, and from what I understand, it's even differant on an individual level... JackSepticEye and Markiplier may be in the same niche, but each has differant viewerships, and their locations are differant as well so they probably wouldn't get the same rate. I think it's individualised.

Realistically Revenue from ads is completely out of your control as it's not determined by you so there's no point stressing over it.

What you DO have control over, are brand deals and sponsorships you arrange outside of Adsense. You have full control over that (as long as you're good at negotiating) but YouTube ad rates vs view ratio is irrelevant and there's no point trying to figure it out. Some niches perform better, some months are better than others, it's completely out of your control.
Thank You very much for your reply. I will take your advice.

Reactions: Beanie Draws