• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

What would be a cheap, but good gaming setup?

TanookiAlex

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I am looking to upgrade my bad pc from an HP Simplified, with a intel duel core processor to some better options. I have $600 CAN to spend maximum, however, if possible, I would like to save more. If you guys could give me recommendations, that would be great. Thank you so much!

RazzBarlow

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Check out YouTuber "Paul's Hardware". He is always posting different budget PC builds for gaming.

DISCLAIMER: I have no association with aforementioned YouTube channel. He's just a guy I enjoy watching.

If you've never built your own PC, it's a great way to get the system you want and save money in the process. He's also got some videos on how to do that. I'll never buy another "store-bought" computer again, unless it's a laptop.

RedPanda Gaming

I feel your pain.

As a fellow gamer and working with a computer that isn't quite up to scratch; system requirements and not-so-great-specs are already incredibly painful. I can't offer advice, but I can offer sympathy. Also, different countries, currencies and the like xD

RazzBarlow

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I had a little spare time tonight, so I went on PCPartPicker and put this together (Note prices are in USD. Tonight's exchange rate is 1.35 to 1.00. This is why a budget build is so hard. This would BARELY be enough to game today and I've already exhausted your $600 CAN budget. I haven't included a case, power supply, operating system or any storage. When it comes to building a gaming PC, 1st priority should be GPU, followed by CPU and memory. Everything else just holds the wheels on. I feel your struggle, @TanookiAlex . But my advice would be to continue to save until you can spend more on this project. I would say $900 CAN is about the minimum to have a system you'd be happy with.

Reactions: TubeBuddy and Aaron

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
I had a little spare time tonight, so I went on PCPartPicker and put this together (Note prices are in USD. Tonight's exchange rate is 1.35 to 1.00. This is why a budget build is so hard. This would BARELY be enough to game today and I've already exhausted your $600 CAN budget. I haven't included a case, power supply, operating system or any storage. When it comes to building a gaming PC, 1st priority should be GPU, followed by CPU and memory. Everything else just holds the wheels on. I feel your struggle, @TanookiAlex . But my advice would be to continue to save until you can spend more on this project. I would say $900 CAN is about the minimum to have a system you'd be happy with.View attachment 2775

I mean the 2200G is an APU so could run without a dedicated GPU and use that money to get a PSU/Case but it'd be a terrible experience. Best to wait and grow the budget like you say.

Reactions: TubeBuddy