• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Question What is the best mouse for 100 dollars?

Bitbat

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
What is the best mouse for under 100 dollars? I am taking a look at the Glorious Model O, but they might be out of stock due to high demand. I am looking for a gaming mouse that is just plug and play and also supports linux.
I have been using mice that have that " big curve" which makes my hand slip off. Generally i would want something more flat and with a dpi button in the middle so i can adjust it.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I've never heard of Glorious Model O before, but that's most likely because I haven't gone around to look for another mouse after I bought the Logitech G900. I've been using it for two years now and it's still working great. It's about $65 - $80, if I remember correctly, but there is a newer version of it for a lot more (around $150). I don't know whether it'll work on linux, but I assume if it works on PC, it should work on linux.

The mouse does have dpi buttons in the middle for you to toggle through :)

OP
OP
Bitbat

Bitbat

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've never heard of Glorious Model O before, but that's most likely because I haven't gone around to look for another mouse after I bought the Logitech G900. I've been using it for two years now and it's still working great. It's about $65 - $80, if I remember correctly, but there is a newer version of it for a lot more (around $150). I don't know whether it'll work on linux, but I assume if it works on PC, it should work on linux.

The mouse does have dpi buttons in the middle for you to toggle through :)
Glorious Model O is a mouse on glorious pc gaming race's site.

It's popular on subreddits such as r/mousereview.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I have never liked mice, especially for gaming. I started using trackballs in the 90s. Since Microsoft quit making the Explorer trackball I have found one from Japan. The Elecom M-HT1UR. It has 8 programmable buttons, a mouse speed switch, scroll wheel, and a comfortable layout. This is the first I have used with a finger ball instead of a thumb ball but it is so much more comfortable I got used to it on my first day. Comes in wired or wireless. I got a couple on Amazon for about $60 each. It does not seem to have DPI switch, but I have never known what that was for.

Elecom_HUGE_Trackball_bq2x6.jpg

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Hard to pin something as a "best mouse"... comes down to what you use/like. I use a Razer Naga Chroma and a Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition

TanookiAlex

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Personally, i would recommend this mouse known as an X 3. It is $5 and works amazingly according to reviews.There are no problems at all, i find with the reviews.

This isn't for advertisement, so i will dm the link, unless you don't feel comfortable - which is completely okay.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I have never liked mice, especially for gaming. I started using trackballs in the 90s. Since Microsoft quit making the Explorer trackball I have found one from Japan. The Elecom M-HT1UR. It has 8 programmable buttons, a mouse speed switch, scroll wheel, and a comfortable layout. This is the first I have used with a finger ball instead of a thumb ball but it is so much more comfortable I got used to it on my first day. Comes in wired or wireless. I got a couple on Amazon for about $60 each. It does not seem to have DPI switch, but I have never known what that was for.

View attachment 2648
That is a very nice looking mouse. I've seen some trackball mouse before, but it doesn't look as good as this. Do you edit with that? How is it?

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
That is a very nice looking mouse. I've seen some trackball mouse before, but it doesn't look as good as this. Do you edit with that? How is it?
Yes, edit, game, surf, I use it for everything. I love it... but then I have loved trackballs for many years. I had to use a regular mouse while waiting for delivery of this one and it drove me crazy. Chasing the mouse all over the desk feels like such a waste of time & effort :)

OP
OP
Bitbat

Bitbat

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
@Tito Tim , why do you like Trackballs? Is it the feel for you? I'm considering switching to ergonomic things for work.
Many people use trackballs because of repetitive strain injury or to reduce it. A lot of people i know in the GeekHack forums are programmers and because of that they have a high chance of developing injuries at work such as wrist or hand strain.
Trackballs are there to stop that. Essentially instead of using a mouse, you rotate a ball to move your mouse around the screen. This is helpful as the arm does not need to move much and strain is reduced because of the light force.
Keep in mind that another option that exists is the Vertical Mouse.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Yeah, I love trackballs. I hate chasing the mouse around the desk, and they hurt my wrist/forearm. A good gaming session and my shoulder starts to hurt. Also with a trackball I can outmaneuver most people. People frequently ask me how I can turn so quickly - the ball is much faster than a mouse for me.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Wow, I remember having with a trackball back when Call Of Duty 2 and 4 were the latest in the series. It actually worked well for aiming but got dirty to quick and spent a lot of time cleaning the ball and inside of the device. Wow, the days of cleaning the inside of mice.

Gaming move are a matter of preference. Logitech is always a good choice for a standard style.

610 Hustles

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I am a huge Razer fan so I have the Razer Mamba Wireless, believe it was like $75 on sale

chileno0826

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
It really comes down to preference! I personally use the Corsair Harpoon wireless mouse and it's great!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

View attachment 2648
Nawww trackballs... I miss those :p what's this one like to clean? Funnily enough I found cleaning the trackball mice therapeutic for some reason :joy:

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Hahaha... Oh my, i feel left out. I'm rocking out a Tecknet Mouse for £8.99 ($11). I've had it about 3 years. Only changed the Batteries once. Its got different dpi sensors and 5 buttons! Super comfortable too!! :scream:
And on that note, my Wireless Keyboard is also from Amazon. Advent this time. £15 ($18) and i've had that 3 years too! Super quick at typing on it!

To keep it real though... My Laptop is a £3000 ($3700) Editing Beast! ;):joy:

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Nawww trackballs... I miss those :p what's this one like to clean? Funnily enough I found cleaning the trackball mice therapeutic for some reason :joy:
Super easy to clean. You just pop the ball out and wipe the inside. I have had mine about a year & a half and am starting to have some buttons mishaps. One of the buttons will sometimes not click, or it doubles clicks. Glad I bought a spare unit last time I vacationed in the US ha ha