Need Advice how do you do a live stream with a guest?

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
In thinking about my film "Sugar, Fly," it's be great to have some live streams with experts on diabetes, as well as YouTubers in the fishing niche, but how do I do that. I really don't know how to do a live stream with a guest. I just don't get it. Help me out!

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Your guest would be as confused as you are xD I'd say give them minor directions like for the beginning of the stream when everybody is introducing themselves (so you all know who is first to introduce) and give them the basics of what the livestream is going to be about. If you got questions for them to answer, let them know beforehand.

I've never been a guest on a livestream, mainly because I'm too scared to jump into somebody else's audience o_o But I have done podcasts before. Me and the other guy (lol) would usually go over what we're going to talk about, such and such.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
In thinking about my film "Sugar, Fly," it's be great to have some live streams with experts on diabetes, as well as YouTubers in the fishing niche, but how do I do that. I really don't know how to do a live stream with a guest. I just don't get it. Help me out!
Zoom is a great way, and with OBS you can add them as a separate video source to your own :D

Bitbat

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The best way to live stream with a guest would not be in person. I suggest opening a call on skype or discord and use OBS. Then, put your webcam and put their webcam in the video.
Then, ask questions.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
The best way to live stream with a guest would not be in person. I suggest opening a call on skype or discord and use OBS. Then, put your webcam and put their webcam in the video.
Then, ask questions.
I thought the best way to livestream with a guest is to have them there in person? :thinking: Easier to have them in person so you don't have any software problem or internet problem.

Bitbat

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I thought the best way to livestream with a guest is to have them there in person? :thinking: Easier to have them in person so you don't have any software problem or internet problem.
It's good to stream in person as well.

TanookiAlex

TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I believe not, in my opinion. I think that a real life interview with the camera switching sides makes it most effective. I would aim for a medium long shot at the beginning, and dollying the camera to give a look at the room. Then, i would give a medium shot and switch back and forth when people are finished talking, almost like first person. It would make it interesting to watch.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I believe not, in my opinion. I think that a real life interview with the camera switching sides makes it most effective. I would aim for a medium long shot at the beginning, and dollying the camera to give a look at the room. Then, i would give a medium shot and switch back and forth when people are finished talking, almost like first person. It would make it interesting to watch.
I agree! Or find ways to be creative with it, like have some guests on one cam and the others on another, and alternate and experiment! :D