• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Question How Difficult Is It To Be A Youtuber For You?

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
LOL, I have similar issues here in Puerto Rico. Between the dogs in the neighborhood, including mine, the chickens in the yard, the cars passing by (the back of my house faces the main road in my town) and the neighbors working on their stuff outside plus my windows needing to be open and have the fan on to avoid turning the room into an oven, its not easy to record without noise. I use Audacity a lot to clean up most of the background noise and its usually pretty good but my mic is terrible so the quality gets worse. Though I hope to change that in a week when my new mic gets here.
Maybe a noice canceling mic could help - I ended up using my Sony headset for lifestreams because it was the only possibility to get constant half-way bearable sound.

OP
OP
BraveStarrTG

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Maybe a noice canceling mic could help - I ended up using my Sony headset for lifestreams because it was the only possibility to get constant half-way bearable sound.
The mic I currently have claims to have noise canceling features but it doesn't work.

Reactions: kunicross

Stanley Orchard

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Before deciding to go full-on with YT we had a serious sitdown and talked about what it was we could do; what would fit our busy lives, what could we provide value with to an audience and what would be genuine and real. We decided on a family fishing channel because that was us, we didn't do anything different except that we added a camera to our lives. This made YT very easy for us. We've had difficult moments and even disagreements on how to do certain things, but at tbe end of the day the decision to just be us proved to be the smartest we could have made.

Reactions: Damon

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
Similar here many of the same reasons I chose to start a fishing channel. For me it is hard because the artist in me will always strive for higher production values and developing artistic expression. Balancing that with an online custom fishing tackle shop makes it difficult. When I need to be on the water, I'm often in the studio cranking out orders. When I'm in the studio, I need to be out on the water getting more footage.

@Stanley Orchard , what's your channel?