• Guest NEW FORUM SECTION! Click Here to learn more!

Question Creative common

junaidi

New User
Hi everyone, i'm Edy. I just starting youtube right now. My concern is about creative common. I don't get so much information about this. I had saw some others videos showing how to use CC. My question, before i start use and remix the videos, should i make a list of the creator ? Any sample for the attribution?

Reactions: Andrew

Bitbat

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Creative Commons means that anyone can use it, however you must credit the person. I think you should make a list after or before the credits roll in your video.

Beanie Draws

Hi everyone, i'm Edy. I just starting youtube right now. My concern is about creative common. I don't get so much information about this. I had saw some others videos showing how to use CC. My question, before i start use and remix the videos, should i make a list of the creator ? Any sample for the attribution?
If you're making a remix, you should check with the original artist what their CC is. If they're not using creative commons, you should be asking the original artists if you can first. If you're making your own music without any other people's content, Creative Commons means you're allowing anyone to use your content without asking you first. If the music you're using is creative commons, you should credit them in the spirit of creative commons.

• Love
Reactions: Andrew and Bitbat

TanookiAlex

TubeBuddy Star
Hi eddy! Creative Commons work are work that are free to use. For example, you can go on YouTube, and go to advanced search options when searching, and select "creative commons". Non creative commons things are things that are copyrighted. For example. a Taylor Swift song. Avoid using copyrighted big names when using footage in your videos, for example, avoid using audio from a avengers trailer to avoid demonetization. Generally, i use TuneDeck for my music, but sometimes, i go on YouTube and search up "No copyright music", and use them. Always check in the comments first though, people are deceiving. Its a confusing process.

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
I was curious about some of the kid's cartoon channels. Many have millions of views and are 'creative commons' but I know some of it is not in the public domain. How do they get away with that? Or do they lose monetization on some? (Like Disney is going to let them alone?)

It says creative commons, so one might assume you could also use it, but I don't think so... Just because it says creative commons does not make it true.