YouTube News My YouTube Channel not coming up in searches? HELP?!

FirstStepMealPrep

New User
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey guys! I started my Youtube channel called FirstStepMealPrep about a month ago and I currently have 4 videos posted. For some reason, my channel is not searchable and never comes up even if I filter by channels and type the title exactly as it is. I have the keywords of my title tagged in all of my videos as well as the description of my channel.

If anyone has any advice or has experienced this, I would really appreciate the help. It is very discouraging especially since I want people I know to be able to easily and quickly search my channel by name so that I don't have to keep sharing the link with people. I am not sure if my title is too basic and not unique enough. I really thought it was creative but I am starting to think that my title has too make high volume search keywords like the term meal prep, so it gets lost within Youtube.

I just really want to grow my channel and this has stumped me.

Thank you in advance:)

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
I just did a search for 'FirstStepMealPrep' and I did not see you in that list. Then I searched for just 'meal prep' and it seemed to be the about the same results. Then I noticed YT changed 'FirstStepMealPrep' to 'First Step Meal Prep'. (they added spaces) So really 'meal prep' was the key search apparently. There was an option to make it search for 'FirstStepMealPrep' (no spaces, like your name) and you were the only 5 things on the list (your channel and 4 vids) but it only showed up when I made it do a specific search; no one will be doing that.

Looks to me like you need to work on tags, right away. You have very few tags, and too many one word tags (recipes, mealprep, healthyfood, healthybreakfast, protein, cooking, weightloss, firststepmealprep). Some of the one word tags really are multiple words. I doubt anyone will search for 'healthybreakfast', but 'healthy breakfast' might have better luck. You don't need to fill all 500 characters of the tags, but I would certainly use more. Look at the tags that some of the other similar vids have and check those in the tag explorer. Not saying to just copy other people's tags - but see what works for them and use what works for you.

Get a lot more vids uploaded, share your vids on various social media platforms, and slowly build traction. Once you start getting activity on your channel YT will be more likely to suggest it. You are competing with vids with millions of views and that may be a tough nut to crack.

I have 350 vids and 2,500 subs, I can search using the exact name of one of my vids and a similarly named vid, on a larger channel, still gets ranked above me. I have been working on my searchability and seem to getting better... but it is slow going.

Abhay

New User
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
1. You need to find low competition but high search volume keywords, make use of keyword planner, keywordeverywhere, tube buddy, google trends
Also make sure that the keyword is also from google search engine so that may get views from Google.com too
2. Always use the Longtail exact keyword, short keywords won't work for you as you don't have subscribers
3. only 4 videos are not enough, Prepare 20 to 25 videos and then see what happens
4. This is too basic, prepare nice catchy thumbnail
5. Incorporate other related keywords in your description in a natural way, don't be spammy
6. Be patient, it takes time anywhere between a week to a month to start getting views from youtube
7. If your audience retention time and what time is above average say for 100 impressions compared to similar videos on youtube you will start getting views and youtube will promote you videos
8. Do not use single or double tags more, use exact match keywords in tags
eg. if your keyword and title is "how to compress pdf file size"
tags will be
how to compress pdf file size
how to compress pdf file size to 100kb
how to compress pdf file size offline
how to compress pdf file size without losing quality
Compress PDF file size, compress PDF file etc
9. add your channel name in your tags on all of your videos
10. Add relevant hashtags ( 4 to 7)

These are some basics, I always follow

Last edited:

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
1. You need to find low competition but high search volume keywords, make use of keyword planner, keywordeverywhere, tube buddy, google trends
Also make sure that the keyword is also from google search engine so that may get views from Google.com too
2. Always use the Longtail exact keyword, short keywords won't work for you as you don't have subscribers
3. only 4 videos are not enough, Prepare 20 to 25 videos and then see what happens
5. Incorporate other related keywords in your description in a natural way, don't be spammy
6. Be patient, it takes time anywhere between a week to a month to start getting views from youtube
7. If your audience retention time and what time is above average say for 100 impressions compared to similar videos on youtube you will start getting views and youtube will promote you videos
tags will be

This! Four videos is nothing. Get out 25 video based on everything Abhay said. See what the results are, then prepare another 25 video. Once you get 500 to 1,000 uploaded along the lines that Abhay mentioned, then you will know if you're showing up in searches. Otherwise you're like the person who worked out four times in the gym and wonders why they can't compete in the Olympics.

Also you need to distribute your videos over a wide number of social media channels: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Patreon, forums, your own Web site, and the like. YouTube is not the end. It's just the start.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
i need youtube help and tricks
I'd read:

tags will be

Beanie Draws

I’ve also found some channels need to grow a bit before they can have their channel name searchable, which highlights the importance of having your rankings figured out. Perhaps you can find your channel by searching the exact title of your channel trailer as a temporary alternative method? Other channels are just lucky and can be searched instantly.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I’ve also found some channels need to grow a bit before they can have their channel name searchable, which highlights the importance of having your rankings figured out. Perhaps you can find your channel by searching the exact title of your channel trailer as a temporary alternative method? Other channels are just lucky and can be searched instantly.
Also make sure you have it as a channel tag and in your about section

OP
OP
FirstStepMealPrep

FirstStepMealPrep

New User
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I just did a search for 'FirstStepMealPrep' and I did not see you in that list. Then I searched for just 'meal prep' and it seemed to be the about the same results. Then I noticed YT changed 'FirstStepMealPrep' to 'First Step Meal Prep'. (they added spaces) So really 'meal prep' was the key search apparently. There was an option to make it search for 'FirstStepMealPrep' (no spaces, like your name) and you were the only 5 things on the list (your channel and 4 vids) but it only showed up when I made it do a specific search; no one will be doing that.

Looks to me like you need to work on tags, right away. You have very few tags, and too many one word tags (recipes, mealprep, healthyfood, healthybreakfast, protein, cooking, weightloss, firststepmealprep). Some of the one word tags really are multiple words. I doubt anyone will search for 'healthybreakfast', but 'healthy breakfast' might have better luck. You don't need to fill all 500 characters of the tags, but I would certainly use more. Look at the tags that some of the other similar vids have and check those in the tag explorer. Not saying to just copy other people's tags - but see what works for them and use what works for you.

Get a lot more vids uploaded, share your vids on various social media platforms, and slowly build traction. Once you start getting activity on your channel YT will be more likely to suggest it. You are competing with vids with millions of views and that may be a tough nut to crack.

I have 350 vids and 2,500 subs, I can search using the exact name of one of my vids and a similarly named vid, on a larger channel, still gets ranked above me. I have been working on my searchability and seem to getting better... but it is slow going.
tags will be

Thank you very much for your response. I really appreciate this in depth advice and I will use all of it from now on as a guide to growing my YouTube channel. I am always looking to improve things so this was extremely helpful.

Thanks again!!

Abhay

New User
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you very much for your response. I really appreciate this in depth advice and I will use all of it from now on as a guide to growing my YouTube channel. I am always looking to improve things so this was extremely helpful.

Thanks again!!
Best of Luck! I hope you don't struggle like me to get subscribers!

its allright my channel didnt come up for a little bit but once i uploaded alot more videos and getting alot of people like my friend to search it up it came up!!!