• Guest NEW FORUM SECTION! Click Here to learn more!

Question If You Could Change One Thing For Your Youtube Channel...

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
If you were given the opportunity to change one thing in your setup (anything regardless of cost) to make your videos better what would it be?

Would you get a better camera? A more powerful computer? Better software? A better greenscreen or background?

If I could change it all I would as what I have now is ok for some basic Youtube content but I have so many ideas I wish I had a better setup because my current setup is just not good enough for better content but I'll have to make due for now. But if I was given the chance to change one thing I would want an AC for one of my rooms. As it stands I live on a tropical island where even at this time of the year it can get pretty hot even though it's been a lot cooler than usual this year (Climate change? Hmmm). I am sure this summer will be worse than last year and man last year was hot as hell. The only room I have available that would be perfect for making videos is my old room when I was a child but it happens to be the hottest room in the house. It only has one window and it's on the side of the house where the airflow is restricted due to the property next door. But an AC unit would fix that easily. I know it sounds small but for someone like me that is kinda expensive at the moment and considering I have mostly everything else I need to make videos having that room would make it even better.

Reactions: Janiel's MOM show

Bitbat

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
If you were given the opportunity to change one thing in your setup (anything regardless of cost) to make your videos better what would it be?

Would you get a better camera? A more powerful computer? Better software? A better greenscreen or background?

If I could change it all I would as what I have now is ok for some basic Youtube content but I have so many ideas I wish I had a better setup because my current setup is just not good enough for better content but I'll have to make due for now. But if I was given the chance to change one thing I would want an AC for one of my rooms. As it stands I live on a tropical island where even at this time of the year it can get pretty hot even though it's been a lot cooler than usual this year (Climate change? Hmmm). I am sure this summer will be worse than last year and man last year was hot as hell. The only room I have available that would be perfect for making videos is my old room when I was a child but it happens to be the hottest room in the house. It only has one window and it's on the side of the house where the airflow is restricted due to the property next door. But an AC unit would fix that easily. I know it sounds small but for someone like me that is kinda expensive at the moment and considering I have mostly everything else I need to make videos having that room would make it even better.
Definetly a more powerful computer. The editing software is good, it's just my laptop that can't run it really good. I do have everything i need to start a channel, but definitely i would upgrade my equipment.

OP
OP
BraveStarrTG

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
BecomeAPrime - GFX | Tech | Vlogs

All of that is your channel name? Wow, not sure I've seen one this long before. I can see why you would want it shorter. Have you asked YT if it can be changed without losing verification?

Aaron

BecomeAPrime - GFX | Tech | Vlogs

All of that is your channel name? Wow, not sure I've seen one this long before. I can see why you would want it shorter. Have you asked YT if it can be changed without losing verification?
Yeah its a mouth full.... :joy: Any change of it though would cause me to lose my verification.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BraveStarrTG

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
I wish I focused on my niche a lot earlier haha
Same here. I had a chance to work on a YT channel years ago when the gaming niche was still growing. But I was too distracted with being the breadwinner and was not focusing on YT at the time.

OP
OP
BraveStarrTG

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
I'd have hired someone to edit for me... I STILL wish I could afford to get someone to edit for me :p
I am curious about something. Do people who use someone else to edit their videos always seek for someone locally? And if so do they spend a lot of time moving files back and forth on portable hard drives/thumb drives as opposed to the cloud? Or if they use someone outside their local area, do they use cloud services? That seems very time consuming to upload, download and upload and download.

Beanie Draws

Oh man, that was would the life xD Just having someone edit videos for you.
Well after watching VidSummit last year, it's actually pretty easy if you have a fast enough internet speed to send files overseas. But alas, my 1mbps speed makes sending 20gb files a bit impossible :)

Beanie Draws

I am curious about something. Do people who use someone else to edit their videos always seek for someone locally? And if so do they spend a lot of time moving files back and forth on portable hard drives/thumb drives as opposed to the cloud? Or if they use someone outside their local area, do they use cloud services? That seems very time consuming to upload, download and upload and download.
If you seek locally, it might cost a LOT more per hour, onless you can bater some skills for skills like I kinda wanna do. I just need to find an editor in Melbourne with horrible photoshop skills so I can trade them graphics for editing :)

Not sure how often Nick Nimmin is in here, but he often sends out footage, so he'd be a good one to ask about that :) He has a fellow Nimminati editing some of his videos :)

I guess it would only be workable online if you live in an area where you get over 100mbps upload speeds, or if your files aren't incredibly huge to begin with.

Beanie Draws

Every since I started Youtubing I found that not only I was pretty good at it but that I actually enjoy editing videos. I find it fun.
I wish that were the case with me. I can enjoy it sometimes, but most of the times it's a chore that I avoid... which means videos never get finished :/

Reactions: BraveStarrTG

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
Better PC all the way. I mean, a GTX 970 isn't bad, but of course I want a 1080Ti RTX 2080Ti (1080Ti can barely be found and costs the same price now anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
And of course more RAM to go with it and even better CPU

Reactions: BraveStarrTG