• Guest NEW FORUM SECTION! Click Here to learn more!

Question Changing Your Channel Name?

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
I changed my channel name when I monetized. I had a YT account since 2006 but never posted until I moved to Asia, in 2013. When YT invited me to monetize I decided to name my channel. I would not want to change it again as I might confuse the subscribers.

Reactions: Zuhri Sani Fahmi

Beanie Draws

Change your channel name while it’s still young and early because supposedly changing channel names removes all comments, and if you’ve got a more established channel, that could throw a spanner in the works,

Zuhri Sani Fahmi

New User
TubeBuddy User
I was changed my channel name, and it's effected when i open my channel on others device. The name of channel is different on others device.
But, the problem finished after i contact YouTube via email. Just for share my experience. :D

Jimmi Ellis

Newbie Member
Not a name change but I thought I'd ask here because this is a related question.

We have 2 channels that are under same brand account. We're considering migrating the smaller channel approx 1,500 subs with a few dozen, mostly older videos, onto our bigger more active channel that has over 25,000 subs.

What consideration, if any, should we make regarding unlisting poor performing videos, etc before we move to the bigger channel?

How does moving a channel possibly adversely affect the channel we're considering moving to or am I over thinking the process?

Very much appreciate your suggestions and feedback.

Shelena Shares

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
My channel is small as in 40 members. I changed it from ShelenahShares to Shelena Shares as people were saying they couldn't located me.