Seeking Advice channel growth

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
Can someone give me guidelines for growing my channel?
Create good, relevant and searchable content on a regular basis. ;)

Honestly you need to ask more specific question to get answers you really can work on, it's one of those things you can make sound really easy but aren't that easy at all.

Abhay

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Can someone give me guidelines for growing my channel?
according to my personal experience keyword research if first most important then SEO offcourse the video should be good that can give high retention time above average

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
If you're a small channel, then don't fall for the trap of sub4subs because that can and will hurt your growth.
Oh yea that's really important, boosting your sub count artificially does not help but most of the times does hurt.

It's very good to connect with other creators on the other hand (like here in the forum) but sadly almost everything happening out there is just some sort of sub4sub.

My best advice is to be patient. Growing a YouTube channel takes a lot of time and effort. Post quality, consistent content that will serve your audience. And growing your social media accounts can also be beneficial. I also get a lot of my traffic from my blog.
Big thumbs up!

Beanie Draws

Niche down, and remember, this is a long haul game. You don't want to be doing youtube JUST for the views (though they are nice to have)
Try not to fall into the trap of being a veriaty channel or trying to follow as many trends as you can, especially challenges of the day, as they'll water down your channel and give it no direction.

Find a niche you're happy to cover for the next 10 years. beauty? gaming? vlogging? craft? reviews? tech? etc etc... pick one specific niche that you would be happy to cover for 10 years without feeling burnt out doing.

Next up to grow your channel you want to present it in the best way possible. Have a clear and focused channel banner. I'd say just having your name in the banner would be far too vague, you want to specify exactly what you do. Your Icon has some awesome hair, so your banner could for example say "Samz - Amazing weekly hair tips and videos"
Also in terms of presentation, you want to make sure your thumbnails are awesome, and try to avoid the MS Word or Publisher, or MS Paint looking thumb because they'll give the impression of being an amateur and people will be less likely to take your channel seriously and won't watch. So learn about graphic design and graphic design principles.

Make sure your video and audio quality are good, but if your thumbnail isn't great, your title isn't searchable and intriguing, no one is going to find or click your video to begin with, so make sure the top are covered first.

Publish consistently (something I'm bad at, but I've niched down to drawing dinosaurs, so people keep coming back to me and finding me because that's all I do really) so make sure your content fits the theme and niche you've chosen for 10 years. and if you go with hair for example, you can still fit trending topics INTO that niche. "Top 10 hair styles for x" "The newest hairstyles of 2019" "amazing classical hairstyles" "how to get your hair to look like beyonce" etc etch. Any niche I feel can stay on focus, but cover a wide range of topics as long as they fit the overarching theme.

Repeat for 10 years and you're bound to find growth along the way :) It's a journey, not a destination.

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
YouTube is three things, four make it complete:

1. Video distribution platform
2. Search engine
3. Social media platform
4. Business launch platform

So everything you do can be categorized in one of the above. It takes all the above to make a successful youtube channel.

Video, Film, TV & Movies
Learn as much as you can about motion picture. Learn how to communicate with motion picture. Learn how to capture and hold people's attention. Learn how to use motion picture to make people take action. Read a book titles "How to Shoot Video That Doesn't Suck." Spend some time learning these basic sorts of things, and you'll have the basis to make any kind of video, film or show that you want. Most people neglect this part if it.

Search Engine
You've heard this one a lot. No need to repeat here. Everything here at TubeBuddy revolves around this. Do everything they say and you will find that your videos will pop up in searches. Combined wit h#1 YouTube will serve your content to more feeds anyway. You have to learn SEO, especially video-based SEO.

Social Media Platform
YouTube is also a social media platform You talk to people, people talk to you, and they can talk with each other. Roberto Blake would call this Hub content, but it's more than that. It's complete, open, multidirectional, yet helpful communication in an amongst your audience. This will solidify your "tribe." You have to comment on every comment. Spend time chatting with your people. Learn their habits, want's and desires. Seek how you might servem with your videos and peoducts.

Business Launch Platform
You can use YouTube to launch a business. Too many people think of YouTube as the end point. No. It's just the beginning. You can write books, shoot films--that's me!-design products, import products, teach classes, start an ebay store, open and Amazon store, get on Etsy, and number of way to monetize your audience long before you get into the YouTube partner program. Read as many books as you can about business, sales and marketing.

If you do everything above the right way for a very long time, you will have a chance at having a successful YouTube channel. That's all anyone can guarantee you.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com

2. Search engine
3. Social media platform

So everything you do can be categorized in one of the above. It takes all the above to make a successful youtube channel.

Video, Film, TV & Movies
Learn as much as you can about motion picture. Learn how to communicate with motion picture. Learn how to capture and hold people's attention. Learn how to use motion picture to make people take action. Read a book titles "How to Shoot Video That Doesn't Suck." Spend some time learning these basic sorts of things, and you'll have the basis to make any kind of video, film or show that you want. Most people neglect this part if it.

Search Engine
You've heard this one a lot. No need to repeat here. Everything here at TubeBuddy revolves around this. Do everything they say and you will find that your videos will pop up in searches. Combined wit h#1 YouTube will serve your content to more feeds anyway. You have to learn SEO, especially video-based SEO.

Social Media Platform
YouTube is also a social media platform You talk to people, people talk to you, and they can talk with each other. Roberto Blake would call this Hub content, but it's more than that. It's complete, open, multidirectional, yet helpful communication in an amongst your audience. This will solidify your "tribe." You have to comment on every comment. Spend time chatting with your people. Learn their habits, want's and desires. Seek how you might servem with your videos and peoducts.

Business Launch Platform
You can use YouTube to launch a business. Too many people think of YouTube as the end point. No. It's just the beginning. You can write books, shoot films--that's me!-design products, import products, teach classes, start an ebay store, open and Amazon store, get on Etsy, and number of way to monetize your audience long before you get into the YouTube partner program. Read as many books as you can about business, sales and marketing.

If you do everything above the right way for a very long time, you will have a chance at having a successful YouTube channel. That's all anyone can guarantee you.
YouTube first and foremost is what they call internally a "Video Search Engine" in their own documents they pride themselves being the number 1 video search engine.

Abhay

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User

2. Search engine
3. Social media platform

Video, Film, TV & Movies

Search Engine

Social Media Platform

Business Launch Platform

whats the use of this post ?

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
Abhay, it a strategic way of thinking. The original poster asked for guidelines. I tried to provide a reason why she should approach these things. It would takes several many books that can't be addressed in an open forum like this. There are entire classes taught on each of these. Everything that TubeBuddy does in their teaching applies to #2, but I can't address all those here.

You have to take the strategic thinking and develop your own ways of executing it. Otherwise you're just doing what your told and would be better of with a day job. Sadly most people don't think strategically. They only think tactically.

To spell it out further.
1. When I started learning about video production, I started getting more views, longer watch times, larger numbers of subscribers. People started watching because the video content itself communicated what they wanted to see well, based on 100 years of motion picture knowledge: the language of film, T.V. and video. Without video YouTube is nothing

2. Search Engine: well everything here on TubeBudyy is about teaching people how to search engine optimize. No need for me to repeat all that.

3. Social Media: The original poster asked for guidelines. Well YouTube is part social media platform. Guideline: talk to people! they will talk to you. They will talk to each other. This leads to more people talking about your videos. More people talking about your videos equals more views, subscribers.

4. Business launch platform: Again another guideline. Use YouTube as a business launch platform. Again I could point to dozens of book on this.

The overall guideline is this: Think of YouTube as a video-based search engine that has a social media component that can be used to launch a business or career. This will provide you with a healthy mindset no matter what videos you make. Not everything needs to be telling people what to do. That's part of the problem out there. People not able to think for themselves nor do they discover things for themselves: the complete opposite to what YouTube and the creative life is all about.

Last edited:

Abhay

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Abhay, it a strategic way of thinking. The original poster asked for guidelines. I tried to provide a reason why she should approach these things. It would takes several many books that can't be addressed in an open forum like this. There are entire classes taught on each of these. Everything that TubeBuddy does in their teaching applies to #2, but I can't address all those here.

You have to take the strategic thinking and develop your own ways of executing it. Otherwise you're just doing what your told and would be better of with a day job. Sadly most people don't think strategically. They on think tactically.

To spell it out further.
1. When I started learning about video production, I started getting more views, longer watch times, larger numbers of subscribers. People started watching because the video content itself communicated will based on 100 years of motion picture knowledge: the language of film, T.V. and video.

2. Search Engine: well everything here on TubeBudyy is about teaching people how to search engine optimize. No need for me to repeat all that.

3. Social Media: The original poster asked for guidelines. Well YouTube is part social media platform. Guideline: talk to people! they will talk to you. They will talk to each other. This leads to more people talking about your videos. More people talking about your videos equals more views, subscribers.

4. Business launch platform: Again another guideline. Use YouTube as a business launch platform. Again I could point to dozens of book on this.

The overall guideline is this: Think of YouTube as a video-based searching that has a social media component that can be used to launch a business or career will provide you with a healthy mindset no matter what video you make. no everything needs to be telling people what to do. That's part of the problem out there. People not able to think for themselves and discover things for themselves: the complete opposite to what YouTube and the creative life is all about.
ok !

Bitbat

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
For channel growth, really all i can suggest is upload original content , and use keywords to your advantage. I would suggest putting unrelated keywords because that's how people randomly find your video sometimes.