• Guest NEW FORUM SECTION! Click Here to learn more!

Question YouTube videos getting ghosted?

andrej258

New User
Hello,

I have problem with youtube videos not being suggested after 1 month of uploading (15 videos, upload every other day). I'm doing kids animation (100% safe for monetization) and I got 10.000 views in total for the first month but only from youtube search 99% and suggested is like 0,2% which is nothing. My channel is from 2016. Anyone have similar problem, please let me know!

Thank you.

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
Could be down to bad SEO, the niché being to competitive.
Did you upload before or created the channel in 2016 and just started uploading last month?

In recent time I sometimes found analytics quite sketchy with sometimes drastic differences between studio classic und beta.

OP
OP
andrej258

andrej258

New User
Yes, but still in the same niche. In 2017 I use to record kids games etc. Also I know channel that does the same thing as me (3d animations) and already got 100M+ views and 450K subs in the first month.

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
Maybe youtube does not allow your content on YouTube kids due to previous channel activity or something like that - but it's a very competitive niché so usually really hard to get a leg up.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Hello,

I have problem with youtube videos not being suggested after 1 month of uploading (15 videos, upload every other day). I'm doing kids animation (100% safe for monetization) and I got 10.000 views in total for the first month but only from youtube search 99% and suggested is like 0,2% which is nothing. My channel is from 2016. Anyone have similar problem, please let me know!

Thank you.
What's your CTR? That would be my question. SEO is more based on meta data, but suggested is more based on people clicking through :)

OP
OP
andrej258

andrej258

New User
It's 3.3% and 0:40 avg view duration (avg length of my videos are 2:00). What do you think, does youtube ghost some videos?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
It's 3.3% and 0:40 avg view duration (avg length of my videos are 2:00). What do you think, does youtube ghost some videos?
It doesn't "ghost videos" but it's suggested algorithm looks for thumbnails with high CTR normal is 2 -10% and longer watch time. I'd say its looking at that. Can you share a screen shot of a videos tags you think it's not sharing?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I use safe tags and comments on all of my videos are off!

tags I mostly use: http://prntscr.com/mor885

When is your channel started getting in suggested, after how many days/months?
Your tags need to be specific to the videos, title. Looking here is your video about a playground? Is it about abc kids tv, is it about a street vehicle? I can't tell, and neither can YouTube :X You need to HYPER focus on descriptive tags of what the video is about.

Here is an example from a friend of mine who had a mini viral hit:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O1ey5FTyhQ

Went from a few hundred views to thousands, check HOW descriptive her tags are too the video, and how they match up with her title, and description.

Looking with TB, she ranks for them, her thumbnail CTR is also 10.8%

OP
OP
andrej258

andrej258

New User
Yeah, got it. I'm just being paranoid that my youtube channel is blacklisted or something, but I guess it's normal. Thank you so much for helping me. I'll keep you updated!

OP
OP
andrej258

andrej258

New User
1 month later I managed to get in suggested, 80% of the views are coming from suggested and my CPR is 22% which is great, but realtime is acting weird one day I have like 1000 views per hour and the next hour it gets to 10.

KingMunch Animations

TubeBuddy Pro
youtube.com
Hello,

Thank you.
I totally believe this 100%

Bitbat

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Hello,

Thank you.
I don't know, it might be the kind of content you're uploading.If it contains minors, then it might be demonetized.