Suggested Reduce size of TubeBuddy banner at top of Videos page in Studio Beta

Jasonaroo

Newbie Member
In Classic Creator Studio... the TubeBuddy presence was much less obtrusive... it's a drop down button where the options appear when you click on it.
However, now in Studio Beta, on the Videos page.... the TubeBuddy features TAKE UP A HUGE AMOUNT OF SPACE.
Up at the top of the screen... there is a whole horizontal banner, which pushes all the important content (your videos) down further onto the page.
Vertical space is especially precious in these days of widescreen displays.
Please consider implementing a solution like in CLASSIC creator studio Videos page, which had the TubeBuddy button fit in neatly with other existing YouTube buttons.... and did not steal away any vertical space.
This is almost annoying enough to make me want to completely remove the TubeBuddy plugin.
It's supposed to enhance the experience (which it normally does), but in this situation it is making the experience worse.

Attachments

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I'll send this to the team. I don't see it as too obtrusive personally, but I appreciate your feedback because it's something I didn't think of!

OP
OP
Jasonaroo

Jasonaroo

Newbie Member
I already included a screenshot in the original request.

Also, think about how many wide-screen displays we have now. Vertical space is the thing that is precious. And when you are on your "Videos" section in Studio Beta you want to focus on seeing your videos.... you don't need so much emphasis on buttons up at the top taking such a large vertical space.

I'm just trying to help improve things here.
Probably you haven't heard much feedback on this because it's only annoying... and not a deal-breaker. There has to be enough of a frustration threshold exceeded for someone to actually bother to spend their time making feedback here about it.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I already included a screenshot in the original request.

Also, think about how many wide-screen displays we have now. Vertical space is the thing that is precious. And when you are on your "Videos" section in Studio Beta you want to focus on seeing your videos.... you don't need so much emphasis on buttons up at the top taking such a large vertical space.

I'm just trying to help improve things here.
Probably you haven't heard much feedback on this because it's only annoying... and not a deal-breaker. There has to be enough of a frustration threshold exceeded for someone to actually bother to spend their time making feedback here about it.
I was speaking to Alex! :) I also said:

I don't see it as too obtrusive personally, but I appreciate your feedback because it's something I didn't think of!

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Interesting. I wouldn't say it's so annoying enough on Studio Beta that I would consider denying myself the TubeBuddy tools because of it. Personally that's an extreme reaction in my opinion.

However, I can see how the Classic Studio version is more compacts and can be more to the liking of some or many. I never noticed it beyond needing it but not to the point that I felt I was losing that much real estate. And I'm on a laptop with a much smaller screen than most setups.

But, to each his/her own I guess.

Channel Videos   YouTube Studio.png

Reactions: Andrew
OP
OP
Jasonaroo

Jasonaroo

Newbie Member
Looking at the two photos above by BraveStarrTG, it would appear there is not too much difference in the amount of space taken up. However..... in the Classic Studio layout there are *already* youtube default buttons in this space... so the TB additions fit in neatly. But in Studio Beta, there are no default YT buttons located in this space. So by adding in TB buttons here... it devours a big chunk of vertical space that would otherwise be completely free to show the main content. It seems that the design of the Studio Beta UI should be taken into account. I'm sure there are many options (e.g., creating a DropDownList and to the right of the "Uploads" and "Live" tabs, where there is a lot of existing free space)

Reactions: BraveStarrTG

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Looking at the two photos above by BraveStarrTG, it would appear there is not too much difference in the amount of space taken up. However..... in the Classic Studio layout there are *already* youtube default buttons in this space... so the TB additions fit in neatly. But in Studio Beta, there are no default YT buttons located in this space. So by adding in TB buttons here... it devours a big chunk of vertical space that would otherwise be completely free to show the main content. It seems that the design of the Studio Beta UI should be taken into account. I'm sure there are many options (e.g., creating a DropDownList and to the right of the "Uploads" and "Live" tabs, where there is a lot of existing free space)
I'd say and I see it too a lot of people wanted it to be seen easier. I'll tag @Phil for more input