• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Question Does anyone take public transit?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Me and @Ikerot are on the train, and it got me wondering! Trains are nice, and the you a chance to see some great views depending where you live!

Let us know! :D

Aaron

I take public transit whenever possible... Just more cost effective especially in California where I am. I actually know the transit system really well so I could get almost anywhere within reason on it.

Reactions: Andrew

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
In Texas I rarely took it. Dallas has an ok train system but not where I lived, and the buses are not very good, except to go downtown and back. Everything was so spread out, it was best to use a personal car.

Here in the Philippines I use public transport all the freaking time. From sikads (bicycles with sidecars) up to buses, and boats. I live about an hour from city by jeepney (25 minutes by car - if I had one). Transport here is convenient and cheap. Even taxis are cheap here! We do not have trains on my island, but Manila has some.

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
I travel around 40.000-50.000 km per year in the train, usually a mix of short, mid and long distance.

Did I mention that I could do 99,9% of my work at home if my employer let me?

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
Man, the train system in Germany must be a lot better than the ones in America xD
Well first of all it exists and connects everything, I auctually made a video complaining / trying to explain some of the problems the German Railway faces at the moment just a couple of weeks ago.

Overall the state is worrisome.

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Well first of all it exists and connects everything, I auctually made a video complaining / trying to explain some of the problems the German Railway faces at the moment just a couple of weeks ago.

Overall the state is worrisome.
Is it in English?

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
Yea, most of my content is. (at least I claim it's English ;)) I'm just in the process of restructuring my channel and such content as well as my vlogs move over to Kunicross Germany (which might lead to additional language confusion now that I think about it) while my main channel will focus more on the Tech & reviewing side.

I also made a tour of one of the old rail cars of the Munich S-Bahn just Sunday, hope I'll have a new one all to my own soon to show the changes.

I'm planing to make some videos of major German Railway stations (especially Munich because it's really complicated for first time visitors with the addional side-trainstation, subterran levels, subway, etc. Just need to have my gear ready next time I'm there late at night during daytime it's just too full of people)

Way to make a short answer long! Sorry.

Beanie Draws

I avoid public transport at all costs. Peak levels of anxiety, especially on the bus. Trains and trams are ok in some instances, but I'd rather drive if I can. I've had way too many scary encounters and witnessed way too many things on public transport to enjoy it.
Oh, and Uber is great :p

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
I avoid public transport at all costs. Peak levels of anxiety, especially on the bus. Trains and trams are ok in some instances, but I'd rather drive if I can. I've had way too many scary encounters and witnessed way too many things on public transport to enjoy it.
Oh, and Uber is great :p
I can agree with you on that! The only time I ever take public transport is when somebody is with me xD

RazzBarlow

TubeBuddy Pro
Sandy Eggo, CA has one of the best public transit systems in the US. But it would take me 4hrs, 43min for a commute that takes me about 45 minutes driving solo in a car. (Using the "trip planner" on the public transit website.) I would definitely use it if it made more sense.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Sandy Eggo, CA has one of the best public transit systems in the US. But it would take me 4hrs, 43min for a commute that takes me about 45 minutes driving solo in a car. (Using the "trip planner" on the public transit website.) I would definitely use it if it made more sense.
I feel ya on that. I was in LA and took the transit once. Got there in about an hour when I could've just called a Lyft and get there in 20 xP

Reactions: Aaron and Andrew

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
Our ship was in dry dock in Long Beach, Ca for a couple months - they had a great bus system.

We recently were involved in a jeepney wreck. It was my wife's first wreck - she did not enjoy it. We were rear ended by a big truck. Kind of funny, as I could see the truck coming and knew there was nowhere for me to go. I was sitting right by the back door. The truck hit about 2 feet from me. Was not a bad wreck, just a bit unnerving to see it coming ha ha

Bitbat

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
I take public transit only once in a while. Of course, if i want to get to a place, i take a taxi/bus, or walk. I would say that my community is a 20 minute one meaning that everything can be reached in under 20 minutes.