Question Editing Video's on the fly

I have rather serious question about editing a Video (which has already been uploaded on the Youtube system)?
After watching the video I realized I have to cut or edit 2 words from the clip. I feel it shouldn't be there in the first place.
For whatever reason I uploaded it in hurry.
I know there is a way on Youtube system to cut a clip somehow but I tried using it. Every time I failed in almost deleting the whole original video!!!
I don't want the video to be messed in some way so I am asking for anyone who is expert in editing videos once they're uploaded on YouTube??

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Sometimes I use the trim feature in Youtube, though it's mainly for something towards the end or in the beginning. Or if it's from a livestream and I need to get rid of a section that has copyrighted music. I don't really think a lot of people use the edit feature (though I remember that was taken out, so we only have 'enhancement').

I'd say the best plan is to just edit it in your own editing software and reupload it.

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
I saw a vid on the Creators Insider channel talking about copyrights. In the vid he said they were working on better tools to remove/edit parts of a video if you need to (like for a copyright claim). So... no help right now, but hopefully soon?

OP
OP
Shazy Jeo
Sometimes I use the trim feature in Youtube, though it's mainly for something towards the end or in the beginning. Or if it's from a livestream and I need to get rid of a section that has copyrighted music. I don't really think a lot of people use the edit feature (though I remember that was taken out, so we only have 'enhancement').

I'd say the best plan is to just edit it in your own editing software and reupload it.
Thank you for your answer. The last time I checked the feature was available last year, don't know if it's still there.
I have views & that is single reason for not deleting video.

OP
OP
Shazy Jeo
I saw a vid on the Creators Insider channel talking about copyrights. In the vid he said they were working on better tools to remove/edit parts of a video if you need to (like for a copyright claim). So... no help right now, but hopefully soon?
Totally agree no one wants to get copyrighted claim. I do my edits in 3 levels of editors before uploading but this upload in question I did it in hurry.

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
For audio / music it's already there - I got one video from a public event and had to remove a music clip from a part and that worked well (I could even have inserted a replacement music but only recognized that afterwards)

The YouTube Video editor was in the create part of the creator studio but it was removed some time ago, can't tell exactly when but there is a thread in this forum.

Easies way on the fly might be downloading the file and editing that, may reduce quality a bit.

OP
OP
Shazy Jeo
The YouTube Video editor was in the create part of the creator studio but it was removed some time ago, can't tell exactly when but there is a thread in this forum.
Yes just like they removed links to videos, annotations etc, it's considered more work for you to re-edit the same video all over again when one had the facility to edit on the fly.
Probably won't crib but just do the edit over again.

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
Yes just like they removed links to videos, annotations etc, it's considered more work for you to re-edit the same video all over again when one had the facility to edit on the fly.
Probably won't crib but just do the edit over again.
The editor was barly usable but worked for some smaller things - guess since it was bad nobody used it and therefore they decided to remove it instead of putting any work in upgrading it.