• Guest NEW FORUM SECTION! Click Here to learn more!

Question BEING PUT DOWN

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Hello Everyone not sure if you will see this or not but I want to say a massive thank you for the comments on this and having the courage to tell you stories.
I would love to create a short video covering some of the stories that have been told. Would you be okay if I shared these? Obviously you would get full credit in the video?
Happy to help! :D

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I have been joked, and yes, i have been made fun of. Because i run a roblox channel, many don't take me seriously. I got bullied for my channel a while ago. I keep my channel private, and away from my personal life.
I'm sorry to hear that, and am happy you're still creating.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
I have been joked, and yes, i have been made fun of. Because i run a roblox channel, many don't take me seriously. I got bullied for my channel a while ago. I keep my channel private, and away from my personal life.
It really sucks that Roblox have a stigma to it. I'm glad you did something about it, even if it's keeping your channel private (as long as you keep creating content!). It took me a while to get settled into making anime content because it gets a bad rep from people who've never watched anime and the anime community itself is... dare I say... not all that people friendly haha.

Reactions: kunicross

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
My youngest is a huge Roblox fan, and Minecraft. Me, I'm not into either but I do find them fascinating to watch from time to time. It's a shame people can be so cruel over everything. Glad to see you don't let them get you down, you just keep on Robloxing away.

Reactions: kunicross

Beanie Draws

I’m too old to have experienced bullying because of making videos, but that sounds a bit ridiculous that people would bullie others for a pastime. Generally bullying in school holds no weight. Everything is forgotten and mostly forgiven when school finishes and adulthood starts. You still get some adults that are jerks... and I guess a LOT of them like to hang in the comment sections of various social network platforms with anonymous names.

when it comes to schoo, I’d say just ignore it, don’t engage and do what you like to do. If there’s no one at your school with the same hobbies, I’m sure you can find local meetups and groups where people people make youtube videos.

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
I’m too old to have experienced bullying because of making videos, but that sounds a bit ridiculous that people would bullie others for a pastime. Generally bullying in school holds no weight. Everything is forgotten and mostly forgiven when school finishes and adulthood starts. You still get some adults that are jerks... and I guess a LOT of them like to hang in the comment sections of various social network platforms with anonymous names.

when it comes to schoo, I’d say just ignore it, don’t engage and do what you like to do. If there’s no one at your school with the same hobbies, I’m sure you can find local meetups and groups where people people make youtube videos.
@Beanie Draws Long time no see around here. I agree, bullying in school does tend to get old after highschool. I have come across bullies here from when I was in middle school that say hi to me as if nothing ever happened.

Bitbat

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
I have never been bullied for making videos, however i don't understand why they don't accept youtubing as a hobby.

Reactions: George97Hudson

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
I have never been bullied for making videos, however i don't understand why they don't accept youtubing as a hobby.
People often don't accept that which they don't like or can not benefit from. In highschool it's more about the ability to simply bully someone, to simply have something to make fun of them even when there's no reason for that one thing to be made fun of. I was bullied simply for knowing English in a Spanish country while being from that country.

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
I run my main channel in a foreign language so nobody recognizes me on the street. ;)

People often don't accept that which they don't like or can not benefit from. In highschool it's more about the ability to simply bully someone, to simply have something to make fun of them even when there's no reason for that one thing to be made fun of. I was bullied simply for knowing English in a Spanish country while being from that country.
I was bullied quite a lot in school from the start till I was around 13-14. I think I was very aggressive and easy to provoke as a child so the other kids made it fun to provoke me into beating them up I guess we all would be removed from school nowadays after the first couple of days because for years there had been several beatings a day with knocked out milk theet and such.
I transferred to my sisters school in 4th grade and there it was a little bit less aggressiv but more psychological and still going on and my siblings all got bullied for having me as a brother and such on.

I guess society overall has a much lower tolerance regarding bullying of all forms today than 30 years ago (yea youngsters, in my day you got bullied for real!! ;)) and that's a very good thing
Because its not good and healthy for the bullied nor bully.

I think for me what helped me most was (I guess when I was around 20) mentally forgiving the kids and teens that did bad things to me because if you carry on a grudge the bullying does go on inside.
You can't life in the past.

I guess one the one hand bullying has a lower threshold from the dark and deep parts of the web anonymity and it can be harder to find a save space if you carry it around via your cell phone or computer.
On the other hand it's also a bit easier to shrugg off compared to somebody waiting on the school gates to beat you up.

Last edited:

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
Most of my family doesn't really care too much about it. They, of course, constantly said that I should be working and never seemed to care how much I cared about doing this.
Every so often, my aunt will ask me how it's going, but that's even rare. Now it seems like it's mostly forgotten.
A couple friends at the beginning would either not care, think it's dumb or try and tell me everything I should be doing for it without me even asking.
So no, never really bullied for it. Just not really supported.

However, I have been bullied for much lesser things in school.

RedPanda Gaming

New User
I may be a little late to the party here and what I say may sound a little cliché but here goes...

Some of the most successful people in the world have been bullied or told 'no' hundreds of times on their way to success. As long as you're doing what makes you happy, then, guess what? You've reached your most important audience.

And if you reach a point a point where your content only earns pennies, well... they earnt nothing for their comments :)

Reactions: George97Hudson