Seeking Advice As an entertainment channel, how do you handle keywords for tags?

My and my friends entertainment channel, N9000+ primarily does movie, TV, and trailer reviews, entertainment/pop culture news, and retro movie reviews. However, we are a very small channel and according to TubeBuddy, the vast majority of our tags are ΓÇ£very badΓÇ¥ because of our size and the competition, especially since the tags have very high search volume. @Andrew and Jessica Stansberry had suggested to be creative with the tags, essentially add adjectives to the tags and look for key phrases with lower search volumes. It is just so tough to find keywords that we can use not only because we are so small, but also because my and my friends' channel is trend dependent and has a competitive niche. (Very competitive, in fact.) So I ask all of you who run an entertainment channel: How do you handle your keywords for tags? Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
When you do tags, you have to think about what people will be searching up. An example would be your Luke Cage Netflix Review:

1549483492863.png

Instead of short phrases, try longer phrases like "luke cage season 1 netflix review" or "luke cage season 1 tv review." You could also put your title in the tags as well.
People don't go searching up for "entertainment" "comics" "funny" or "pop culture." Or maybe they do, I don't know.

1549484565224.png

Imagine you're the viewer, what do you type in when you're searching for content? :thinking:

When you do tags, you have to think about what people will be searching up. An example would be your Luke Cage Netflix Review:

View attachment 2398
Instead of short phrases, try longer phrases like "luke cage season 1 netflix review" or "luke cage season 1 tv review." You could also put your title in the tags as well.
People don't go searching up for "entertainment" "comics" "funny" or "pop culture." Or maybe they do, I don't know.

View attachment 2399

Imagine you're the viewer, what do you type in when you're searching for content? :thinking:
Thank you, Ikerot. SEO and tagging isn't my strength and I need all the help that I can get. I will start implementing this. Ultimately, I know that since my channel is small, I guess that I have to take what I can get in terms of "good" tags, even if their search volume and optimization strength are low. According to Jessica Stansberry, I have to "climb the ladder."

That's the thing! Everyone has to do :D Also be aware of trends. Shazam is coming out soon, that is PRIME Real estate.
I would love to cover that film, but Im still in NY and in the process of moving to NC. Once Im in NC, my friends and I will start making new videos. In the meantime, Im trying to revamp our existing 72 videos from 2016. Regardless, thank you so much, @Andrew and @Ikerot for all your help. I really appreciate it.