YouTube News Keywords Question

Troy Spiral

New User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
In the keyword section of the upload defaults the keywords are displayed like this "my keyword" "Yet Another Keyword" "Keywords" with quotes around every keyword. I assume to make sure its clear what you mean. BUT when these keywords are auto-added to your videos they keep the "keyword quotes". When you add keywords manually they resolve out and there are no quotes. Are the quotes screwing up the keywords?

Does "This is a keyword" and This is a keyword both seem the same to you tube?

thanks in advance.
-Troy

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Okay, so I tried what you said. I do see the quotes in the tags, however, they disappear when I refresh. The quotes shouldn't have an effect on your videos because YT will automatically remove it. I've also tried manually putting in tags with "quotes" and it gets removed after a refresh.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Okay, so I tried what you said. I do see the quotes in the tags, however, they disappear when I refresh. The quotes shouldn't have an effect on your videos because YT will automatically remove it. I've also tried manually putting in tags with "quotes" and it gets removed after a refresh.
This is pretty spot on!

Could you include a screenshot @Troy Spiral

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi andrew thanks for taking the time. Apparently it was an artifact from my old keyword template, all I did was just re-do the template and the quotes went away (they were actually showing) so I think its fine now. Thank you for the response!
Awesome happy to hear!