• Guest - we're building a commmunity team! Click Here to learn more!

Question Subscription Milestone Celebration Ideas?

Cabbitude

TubeBuddy Pro
I know the internet is dripping with suggestions that involve insane things like suffocating yourself with a spoonful of cinnamon, destroying your GI tract with stupidly 'hot' and incredibly acidic peppers, or putting other strange things in your mouth. I've found a ton of suggestions involving another person's participation where they take the place of your arms with their own, put makeup on you, feed you mysterious things while you're blindfolded (why all the mouth-related challenges? OMG). I've even found some reasonably mundane and nearly do-able suggestions like 'speed drawing' and offering up personal information in case your viewers want to know more about you but haven't asked...

I EVEN asked twitter about suggestions on how to celebrate subscription milestones... and the ONLY suggestion I got was 'giveaways'.

So here I am asking the amazing community here at Tubebuddy... What do you guys think are good ways to celebrate subscription milestones?

Thank you guys! I look forward to what you can think up

BraveStarrTG

TubeBuddy User
Well, giveaways have become the norm on YT and Twitch so I can understand why people would mention it and who doesn't like giveaways. I myself have won several giveaways on YT. I do however have an idea or two that could consider.

I saw a video today that apparently went viral because of the person who made the video. It was about an elderly man who had a channel with about 1500 subs and he made videos about his flower garden and doing some things popular on YT such as making homemade slime. People liked that he was just a regular person who was not doing anything fancy on his videos and was simply enjoying doing the things he enjoys on video. He went from 1500 subs to over a million in about 48 hours according to the story. And the one thing that made this guy special was that he would look for every new sub he got a thanked them by name on his videos. So, maybe that's a great way to celebrate a milestone on YT. Mention the new subs in someway on a video thanking them.

Another idea would be to make a video where you ask subs for comments of things to do in a video and do them on a live stream. Things that are not illegal or dangerous of course.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I know the internet is dripping with suggestions that involve insane things like suffocating yourself with a spoonful of cinnamon, destroying your GI tract with stupidly 'hot' and incredibly acidic peppers, or putting other strange things in your mouth. I've found a ton of suggestions involving another person's participation where they take the place of your arms with their own, put makeup on you, feed you mysterious things while you're blindfolded (why all the mouth-related challenges? OMG). I've even found some reasonably mundane and nearly do-able suggestions like 'speed drawing' and offering up personal information in case your viewers want to know more about you but haven't asked...

I EVEN asked twitter about suggestions on how to celebrate subscription milestones... and the ONLY suggestion I got was 'giveaways'.

So here I am asking the amazing community here at Tubebuddy... What do you guys think are good ways to celebrate subscription milestones?

Thank you guys! I look forward to what you can think up

I'd say from a viewer point, a video that got a lot of engagement from your audience, and has been long a awaited is a great way! I also know we do giveaways at TB and that goes over GREAT! However, every audience is different! What is your best performing content? Can you reproduce it? :D

BraveStarrTG

TubeBuddy User
I'd say from a viewer point, a video that got a lot of engagement from your audience, and has been long a awaited is a great way! I also know we do giveaways at TB and that goes over GREAT! However, every audience is different! What is your best performing content? Can you reproduce it? :D
If I may ask @Andrew, the giveaways tend to be the software I assume, have there ever been hardware giveaways? I'm just curious what a YT app business would give away. Tech channels for example tend to give tech stuff like hard drives and phones. I'm curious because I too have considered giveaways, mainly games since my channel was a gaming channel, but hardware would be even better. I know, cause I have won a few myself.

kunicross

TubeBuddy User
I think channels tend to do giveaways to boost viewership on that video so it's not the worst idea if you want lots of your subscribers actually watch that video.

But check your subscriber origin, if you have only 50% or less subscribers from one country it kinda sucks for the remaining people if it's a US exclusive giveaway and abroad shipping can be more expensive then the stuff you are giving. (my problem really both as a creator and viewer)