• Guest - we're building a commmunity team! Click Here to learn more!

Entertainment Channel Hi, I'm Ken

Hi, I'm Ken.

I lived on Long Island, NY for most of my life, but lived in Wilmington, NC for nearly four years. In fact, I will be moving back there again in the near future.

I found TubeBuddy thanks to one of Nick Nimmin's videos.

My favorite TubeBuddy tool is Keyword Explorer.

I joined the TubeBuddy forums because I wish to improve the YouTube channel that my friends and I started in 2016, N9000+. It has been over two years since we did any videos, but we will be reuniting this year when I move back to Wilmington, NC. With that said, we will be getting back to our channel and making new videos. Until then, I've been trying to revamp the existing 72 videos that we have, hence why I got the TubeBuddy extension. So any and all help is appreciated.

My friends and I started YouTube because we love making video content that involves our various nerdy/geeky passions. We're funny, informative, and not afraid to be outspoken. (At least, I like to thing so...)

We run an entertainment channel.

In 2016, we uploaded a new video practically every day, at least once a week.

My biggest dream is to have our channel become a full time career for three of us. As we speak, I'm trying to make that dream a reality.

Hey Ikerot! Thank you for the welcome and message! I really appreciate it! Yes, I'm a Superman fan, among other superheroes. Ultimately, I'm a big comic book nerd.

Now, I have a question and I'm not sure to ask you here or bring it one of forum boards. Either way, my question involves TubeBuddy's Keyword Explorer. Now, my channel N9000+ is very small. So when I use the tool, it is telling me that highly searched for keywords are "very bad" for my channel because of high competition and how low my channel is; meanwhile, keywords that are just "good" have low competition yet a very little to non-existing search volume. I feel like it is a lose-lose situation for me. What type of keywords should I use? Can you please help? Thank you.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Hey Ikerot! Thank you for the welcome and message! I really appreciate it! Yes, I'm a Superman fan, among other superheroes. Ultimately, I'm a big comic book nerd.

Now, I have a question and I'm not sure to ask you here or bring it one of forum boards. Either way, my question involves TubeBuddy's Keyword Explorer. Now, my channel N9000+ is very small. So when I use the tool, it is telling me that highly searched for keywords are "very bad" for my channel because of high competition and how low my channel is; meanwhile, keywords that are just "good" have low competition yet a very little to non-existing search volume. I feel like it is a lose-lose situation for me. What type of keywords should I use? Can you please help? Thank you.
Welcome to the forums! I replied to you in the inbox, but if you could post it here, could help others too :D

My channel N9000+ is an entertainment channel. We do reviews of movies, tv shows, and trailers. We also do entertainment/pop culture news. Since my channel is super small, keywords like "batman v superman movie review" are going to be "very bad" for my channel, even though that is the topic/content of the video. As we are speaking, I'm watching TubeBuddy's video, "How to pick keywords for maximum reach! - Jessica Stansbery" and I get what Jessica is saying. However, I find that "good" keywords for my channel are "batman v superman movie review n9000plus." The problem with that is that although there is no competition for that tag, it will never be searched since it has like a zero search volume.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
My channel N9000+ is an entertainment channel. We do reviews of movies, tv shows, and trailers. We also do entertainment/pop culture news. Since my channel is super small, keywords like "batman v superman movie review" are going to be "very bad" for my channel, even though that is the topic/content of the video. As we are speaking, I'm watching TubeBuddy's video, "How to pick keywords for maximum reach! - Jessica Stansbery" and I get what Jessica is saying. However, I find that "good" keywords for my channel are "batman v superman movie review n9000plus." The problem with that is that although there is no competition for that tag, it will never be searched since it has like a zero search volume.
The thing you have to keep in mind, is that people are coming for the movie, and usually when it comes out. It's going to be hard to rank, but not impossible. "Honest review" is a way to shape it:

http://prntscr.com/mh5g3e

However, you're in a competitive niche, you're going to have to find ways to hit it uniquely :) Also you have to understand review channels are also going to be trend dependent, and have a different way then traditional search. Not to say that keywords aren't important, but it's a bit different and not so ever green.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
The thing you have to keep in mind, is that people are coming for the movie, and usually when it comes out. It's going to be hard to rank, but not impossible. "Honest review" is a way to shape it:

However, you're in a competitive niche, you're going to have to find ways to hit it uniquely :) Also you have to understand review channels are also going to be trend dependent, and have a different way then traditional search. Not to say that keywords aren't important, but it's a bit different and not so ever green.
As a person who makes anime/manga reviews, I can attest to that xD It really depends on the trend.
I personally call it the "hot potato." Get it while it's hot because nobody's gonna eat it when it's cold.

An old video might get hit because of a trend for a sequel or something along that line. It's just whether you've got the right keywords and SEO where you'll be on top of the search.

Thank you so much for your help, Andrew. This is a good start. Yes, I totally agree that my and my friends' channel is trend dependent and has a competitive niche. (Very competitive, in fact.) With that said, it is just so tough to find keywords that we can use, especially since we are so very small. Ultimately, I'm open to any and all suggestions to make N9000+ grow.

As a person who makes anime/manga reviews, I can attest to that xD It really depends on the trend.
I personally call it the "hot potato." Get it while it's hot because nobody's gonna eat it when it's cold.

An old video might get hit because of a trend for a sequel or something along that line. It's just whether you've got the right keywords and SEO where you'll be on top of the search.
I totally agree, Ikerot. When N9000+ did reviews, we did it like within a week's time after seeing fill in the blank. We were on top of things. However, as I mentioned before, since we're super small, it seems that we would have to use practically low to zero search volume keywords.

Thank you so much for your help, Andrew. This is a good start. Yes, I totally agree that my and my friends' channel is trend dependent and has a competitive niche. (Very competitive, in fact.) With that said, it is just so tough to find keywords that we can use, especially since we are so very small. Ultimately, I'm open to any and all suggestions to make N9000+ grow.
It seems according to what Jessica Stansbery said, we would have to use practically low to zero search volume keywords at first and climb the ladder.

BraveStarrTG

TubeBuddy User
Ok, if your 2016 trailer is any indication of what the future of this channel will be like I can't wait to see more. I envy you. I wish I had friends to make a channel like this. I've always wanted to do that kind of channel. It just looks like so much fun.

Ok, if your 2016 trailer is any indication of what the future of this channel will be like I can't wait to see more. I envy you. I wish I had friends to make a channel like this. I've always wanted to do that kind of channel. It just looks like so much fun.
Thank you, BraveStarrTG. I really appreciate it. Yes, my friends and I have a lot of fun doing our channel. Our 2016 channel trailer just showcases samples of what we did through out our first year. I look forward to reuniting with them in the near future and making new videos. It’s been over two years since we did the channel but I’ve been preparing for our return, hence why I’m here.

Last edited:

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
I would like to checkout your channel. I just don’t know how on TubeBuddy. Can you help?
We used to have the subscribe button on the forum that directs people to your channel (it would be under your post), but after the new forum update, it vanished. I think they're working on it still (@Andrew).

For right now, the only way to check out people's channel is by going into their forum profile, go into the about, and hope that they put their channel ID xD

We used to have the subscribe button on the forum that directs people to your channel (it would be under your post), but after the new forum update, it vanished. I think they're working on it still (@Andrew).

For right now, the only way to check out people's channel is by going into their forum profile, go into the about, and hope that they put their channel ID xD
Thank you, Ikerot. I couldn't see how to do it on my phone, but I was able to do it on my laptop.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com

Or if they have a signature like mine :)