• Guest - TubeBuddy now has a BLOG! Click Here to learn more!

Life Happy Chinese New Year! Year Of The Pig!

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
iStock-980223058-1024x768.jpg

Or in the Vietnamese, it's Tết (Lunar New Year)! I know a lot of people in the west don't celebrate it, but I do! So hey! Chúc mừng năm mới :]

It's the year of the Pig, which is charming for a rat like me (I'm still talking zodiacs lol).

My family usually celebrates it today (or on whatever day it is) and party on the weekend. Lucky money gets handed out to everybody. I used to look forward to the new year as a kid because that's when I get lucky money, haha. It's essentially just a second New Year party, if you think about it like that xP

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
View attachment 2392

Or in the Vietnamese, it's Tết (Lunar New Year)! I know a lot of people in the west don't celebrate it, but I do! So hey! Chúc mừng năm mới :]

It's the year of the Pig, which is charming for a rat like me (I'm still talking zodiacs lol).

My family usually celebrates it today (or on whatever day it is) and party on the weekend. Lucky money gets handed out to everybody. I used to look forward to the new year as a kid because that's when I get lucky money, haha. It's essentially just a second New Year party, if you think about it like that xP
That's awesome! I 'm a dog, and my GF is an ox! I've been learning a lot about the culture! :D

OP
OP
Ikerot

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
That's awesome! I 'm a dog, and my GF is an ox! I've been learning a lot about the culture! :D
It's pretty freaky how the Chinese zodiac is accurate for me. Or maybe I'm just wiring my brain to believe it, but there are a lot of coincidences. What have you learned about your Zodiac sign?

1549567823991.png

oh. gg. XD

Aaron

I'm a Pig because of what month I was born. Does that mean this year is special? Honestly my awareness to the Chinese New Year is because of Overwatch.

OP
OP
Ikerot

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
I'm a Pig because of what month I was born. Does that mean this year is special? Honestly my awareness to the Chinese New Year is because of Overwatch.
Your Chinese Zodiac is based on the year you were born, not the month :eek:

If you are a Pig, yes. This is your year.

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
Happy New Year! That just happens to be the next video I am editing. We always have big celebrations in the city. The dancing dragons bless the stores in Chinatown... but this year no fireworks during the blessing - the city banned firecrackers, except for professional use.

_Thumb.jpg

Reactions: Andrew and Ikerot
OP
OP
Ikerot

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Happy New Year! That just happens to be the next video I am editing. We always have big celebrations in the city. The dancing dragons bless the stores in Chinatown... but this year no fireworks during the blessing - the city banned firecrackers, except for professional use.

View attachment 2405
Hah, I like the "Filipino-Chinese Friendship Arch" xD

OP
OP
Ikerot

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
[QUOTE =“Andrew,帖子:49095,成员:3”]真棒!我是狗,我的GF是牛!我一直在学习很多文化!:d[/引用]
我是一只兔子。我是来自中国XD的男孩
Oh, a rabbit? Nice! In Vietnam, the rabbit is replaced with the cat xD