• Guest - we're building a commmunity team! Click Here to learn more!

Question Typical YouTube Videos

George97Hudson

New User
TubeBuddy User
So at the moment I am enjoying to make short parody sketches about your typical youtube videos.
So far I have done how to be a youtuber and my mourning routine.

Now I know there is many more out there but everyone has different opinions so my question is what do you think is a typical YouTube video?

Aaron

Verified Professional
I think typical depends on categories... See a lot of YouTubers flexing money either buying stuff or showing off what they have... Food Vlogs... Setup videos... Would love to hear what others think on this topic!

OP
OP
George97Hudson

George97Hudson

New User
TubeBuddy User
I think typical depends on categories... See a lot of YouTubers flexing money either buying stuff or showing off what they have... Food Vlogs... Setup videos... Would love to hear what others think on this topic!
That is true money seems to be a big topic at the moment on YouTube.... If you have money in the title and thumbnail gaurenteed views

MrSorbias

TubeBuddy Pro
I think it's not most typical, but most viewed videos you should be planning to parodice. Let's say that the most typical video on youtube would be something where an user uploads a video of their cat and in the video there happens literally almost nothing. Average amount of views that kind of video would be roughly10.

Instead what I think would be good idea to parodice is the videos that has most views. Because they are widely known videos and everybody understands the joke immediately, because they know the reference. That kind of videos are also easy to find cause they have most views. Hope that helps. :)

OP
OP
George97Hudson

George97Hudson

New User
TubeBuddy User
I think it's not most typical, but most viewed videos you should be planning to parodice. Let's say that the most typical video on youtube would be something where an user uploads a video of their cat and in the video there happens literally almost nothing. Average amount of views that kind of video would be roughly10.

Instead what I think would be good idea to parodice is the videos that has most views. Because they are widely known videos and everybody understands the joke immediately, because they know the reference. That kind of videos are also easy to find cause they have most views. Hope that helps. :)
Not a bad idea. What sort of videos were you thinking of?

BraveStarrTG

TubeBuddy User
Well, I remember watching an unboxing video making fun of the concept of unboxing videos. Watching the YTer treat every piece of packaging as if it was the greatest thing inside the box was the funniest thing I had ever seen.

With that in mind maybe you can try a sketch on gamers who only upload video of a good game and pretending to be pro gamers while deleting the recordings of the ones where they died like total amateurs. LOL

OP
OP
George97Hudson

George97Hudson

New User
TubeBuddy User
Well, I remember watching an unboxing video making fun of the concept of unboxing videos. Watching the YTer treat every piece of packaging as if it was the greatest thing inside the box was the funniest thing I had ever seen.

With that in mind maybe you can try a sketch on gamers who only upload video of a good game and pretending to be pro gamers while deleting the recordings of the ones where they died like total amateurs. LOL
Both ideas are actually really good...... hmmmm going to have to give them both a try thanks for the ideas

kunicross

TubeBuddy User

That is so 2016 ;)