• Guest - we're building a commmunity team! Click Here to learn more!

Vlog Channel Hi I'm Thomas (ThomasVisionFilms)

Your name/alias: Thomas
Where are you from?: I am originally from New York (It's too cold there!) but I currently live in Atlanta (A lot warmer!).
How did you find TubeBuddy!? I have been listening to Dusty Porters (YouTube Creators Hub) podcast for a while now. He speaks very highly of Tube Buddy so I wanted to come and check it out for myself. I am glad that I did.
What is your favorite TubeBuddy tool?: I'm so new here that I really don't know all the in's and out's of the website. But so far I've seen that you can compare your analytics to other channels. I am sure I will find much more exciting things in the next couple of days. But that is pretty cool nevertheless.
What made you join our forums?: I love meeting other creators who are passionate about YouTube. Plus, it very hard when you have work and a family to find other Youtubers to collab with (that's one of the best parts about being a youtuber). Lastly, It can be lonely sitting at your computer for 8+ hours a day editing videos so it's always good to surround yourself with like minded people (Youtubers!).
Why did you start YouTube? I originally started creating YouTube videos in 2013 just for fun to document my love for the saltwater aquarium hobby. In 2015 I took a break from Youtube to start my video production company. I missed YouTube so much for the past few years, but the longer your away the harder it is to motivate yourself to start creating again. So, 3 months ago I started making videos again to mainly to share what I've learned in film and to try to inspire new creators.
What kind of channel do you run?: I have two channels but my main channel is a film-making channel. As I mentioned before I took my 3 year break, it was a channel that focused on the Saltwater aquarium hobby. Now I completely switched my focus from Aquariums to film-making. Some of my subscribers like to let me know how they feel about that in the comments :-/. But then I tell them I just want to be happy.
How frequently do you upload?: I upload once a week on my main channel. On my second channel I release my videos in seasons for each series (Each season consists of 8 - 9 episodes and it takes me 6 - 8 months to film each season).
What are your hobbies?: Film-making is my life. I know I know it can't be. But seriously, I do it for work, and I do it for fun (I would prefer to do it just for fun and still get paid for it but haven't figured that out yet...lol). I would have said saltwater aquariums as well but I've been so busy, I had to pump the breaks on that hobby for a while. I use to game (xbox-360 call of duty) as well but just been so busy with work, haven't done that for the past 2 years either. I think my wife is happy about that one :).
What is your biggest dream? To keep making videos forever and be able to travel the world with my wife and daughter.
Hey guys thank you for taking the time to read this! I look forward to meeting you all.
Channel Link: http://www.YouTube.com/ThomasBrown
Social Media Links: http://www.instagram.com/ThomasVisionFilms

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Where are you from?: I am originally from New York (It's too cold there!) but I currently live in Atlanta (A lot warmer!).
How did you find TubeBuddy!? I have been listening to Dusty Porters (YouTube Creators Hub) podcast for a while now. He speaks very highly of Tube Buddy so I wanted to come and check it out for myself. I am glad that I did.
What is your favorite TubeBuddy tool?: I'm so new here that I really don't know all the in's and out's of the website. But so far I've seen that you can compare your analytics to other channels. I am sure I will find much more exciting things in the next couple of days. But that is pretty cool nevertheless.
What made you join our forums?: I love meeting other creators who are passionate about YouTube. Plus, it very hard when you have work and a family to find other Youtubers to collab with (that's one of the best parts about being a youtuber). Lastly, It can be lonely sitting at your computer for 8+ hours a day editing videos so it's always good to surround yourself with like minded people (Youtubers!).
Why did you start YouTube? I originally started creating YouTube videos in 2013 just for fun to document my love for the saltwater aquarium hobby. In 2015 I took a break from Youtube to start my video production company. I missed YouTube so much for the past few years, but the longer your away the harder it is to motivate yourself to start creating again. So, 3 months ago I started making videos again to mainly to share what I've learned in film and to try to inspire new creators.
What kind of channel do you run?: I have two channels but my main channel is a film-making channel. As I mentioned before I took my 3 year break, it was a channel that focused on the Saltwater aquarium hobby. Now I completely switched my focus from Aquariums to film-making. Some of my subscribers like to let me know how they feel about that in the comments :-/. But then I tell them I just want to be happy.
How frequently do you upload?: I upload once a week on my main channel. On my second channel I release my videos in seasons for each series (Each season consists of 8 - 9 episodes and it takes me 6 - 8 months to film each season).
What are your hobbies?: Film-making is my life. I know I know it can't be. But seriously, I do it for work, and I do it for fun (I would prefer to do it just for fun and still get paid for it but haven't figured that out yet...lol). I would have said saltwater aquariums as well but I've been so busy, I had to pump the breaks on that hobby for a while. I use to game (xbox-360 call of duty) as well but just been so busy with work, haven't done that for the past 2 years either. I think my wife is happy about that one :).
What is your biggest dream? To keep making videos forever and be able to travel the world with my wife and daughter.
Hey guys thank you for taking the time to read this! I look forward to meeting you all.
Welcome to the forums awesome thread! Gets a sticky! I'd recommend https://tubebuddy.com/free for a list of the free tools! I'll have to thank Dusty! It's been great to see you around!

Aaron

Verified Professional
Welcome to the forums! Since I see you'd like to travel the world whats the first 3 places you would want to visit? :D

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Hey, dude. Welcome to the forum!

It's cool that film-making is your life, but it's also good to dabble in your other hobbies as well x] I know a lot of Youtubers who've dropped their hobbies because of Youtube.

Other than that, a solid introduction ;]

OP
OP
ThomasBrown
Welcome to the forums! Since I see you'd like to travel the world whats the first 3 places you would want to visit? :D
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the question. That's a really good one. Well 2018 was my first year (since I was 5) traveling out of the country (US). In 2018, I went to Rome, Rome short film will be out to tomorrow; I know shameless plug... :-(. I also visited Ghana and Jamaica in 2018. With that said, I definitely LOVED Africa and I want to visit more countries there. If I had the choice I would go to Kenya first then Ethiopia. I would also love to visit Brazil and Paris. Do you travel alot?

OP
OP
ThomasBrown
Hey, dude. Welcome to the forum!

It's cool that film-making is your life, but it's also good to dabble in your other hobbies as well x] I know a lot of Youtubers who've dropped their hobbies because of Youtube.

Other than that, a solid introduction ;]
Hi Ikerot, congrats again for becoming a TB staff member. Thanks for the warm welcome! Regarding the hobbies, I didn't drop them for YouTube I actually dropped my hobbies and YouTube 3 years ago for work (filmmaking). Most of our projects were out of the state and out of the country so I just didn't have time for YouTube or my other hobbies. So me starting YouTube again is actually getting one of my hobbies back. I'm excited!

Aaron

Verified Professional
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the question. That's a really good one. Well 2018 was my first year (since I was 5) traveling out of the country (US). In 2018, I went to Rome, Rome short film will be out to tomorrow; I know shameless plug... :-(. I also visited Ghana and Jamaica in 2018. With that said, I definitely LOVED Africa and I want to visit more countries there. If I had the choice I would go to Kenya first then Ethiopia. I would also love to visit Brazil and Paris. Do you travel alot?
I wouldn't say I travel a lot... Most of my travel is limited to where jobs send me. I've been doing much more travel recently but nothing out of the country.