• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Camera Gear Switch Pod! Joby gorillapod killer?

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
This was developed by Pat Flyn who's been around the youtube space and I believe may have done a talk at VidSummit.
This is a very interesting video on the development behind the tripod :)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smqfeBIMMqY

Camera conspiracies did a video on it pointing out some of the flaws of the concept, but overall it's pretty cool if you want to get into it :)

Could you please send the camera conspiracy video? :)

Shelly Saves the Day

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
Trusted User
shellysavestheday.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm excited to get mine! I did the kickstarter. I wouldn't use a Gorilla Pod as I don't have use for it in outside or vlogging situations but the ease of the setup and breakdown with the slim form factor was the winning point for me.

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
This was developed by Pat Flyn who's been around the youtube space and I believe may have done a talk at VidSummit.
This is a very interesting video on the development behind the tripod :)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smqfeBIMMqY

Camera conspiracies did a video on it pointing out some of the flaws of the concept, but overall it's pretty cool if you want to get into it :)

When he says in the video that the final product is going to use a different material.... makes me very concerned on durability/strength.

damazo

alright... so I received mine today. And man is it sturdy. Now, I haven't done any crazy tests vs the joby. But I def like its ease of setting up way better

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I havenΓÇÖt tested mine yet, but I hope I donΓÇÖt break it from all the flipping :joy: ItΓÇÖs essentially a fidget stick for me. Takes up a lot less room than most tripods.