• Guest - TubeBuddy now has a BLOG! Click Here to learn more!

Question Help. How do you get hashtags to show above your title?

Paul

TubeBuddy Legend
Also, keep your hashtags very specific to your channel. Otherwise your sending your viewer into a sea of other YouTubers within that certain hashtag.
I only do my #name and my own channel # that I created. That way if someone clicks on that hashtag it's going to be all my videos that they will potentially watch and not someone else's.

Reactions: Damon

warnerjohn

New User
keep your hashtags very specific to the channel that will help you and try to write within 160 characters and uses 40 characters for #tags

Reactions: Damon

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Come on. You can't be that mysterious and then leave it like that. You could at least give a small explanation for this. :laughing::laughing::laughing:
I thought I did whoops! XD Basically, I've seen it happen and you can check your analytics for your channel specifically. However, users usually accidentally will click the hashtag, and unless you OWN every video in that hashtag, it can cause people to watch another creator, and hurt your channel's performance.

Reactions: BraveStarrTG

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
I put the hashtags at the bottom of my descriptions. Because the first 200 characters are the most weighted words in the description.
I meant to ask, what do you mean by weighted? Not sure what that means here.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
I meant to ask, what do you mean by weighted? Not sure what that means here.
When you search up a video, you'll most likely see the first 200 characters in the description. Ex.
1549076236855.png

It's good practice to have your title in the description as well because you'll rank better in searches. Not to say you should copy and paste your title into the description, but make a sentence out of it. The bold letters in this pic (and other searches) indicates that (maybe) this video has what you're searching for.

I thought I did whoops! XD Basically, I've seen it happen and you can check your analytics for your channel specifically. However, users usually accidentally will click the hashtag, and unless you OWN every video in that hashtag, it can cause people to watch another creator, and hurt your channel's performance.
Huh... I didn't think about that. I don't really search via hashtags anyways, so I don't even know how it gets found lol

Reactions: Andrew and Paul