• Guest - we're building a commmunity team! Click Here to learn more!

Question Videos suddenly not processing beyond 360p

I've been uploading in 4K60FPS for 2 years and suddenly, 2 days ago, my videos process but available resolution does not get beyond 360p! Tried waiting 24 hours, re-uploads, and re-renders but no difference. Reported via the 'Give feedback' messaging but no reply. Any help appreciated.

OP
OP
D
Chatted to Google Support and seems the problem was fixed 2 days ago but they have started getting reports of it happening again. They are working on a fix again apparently.

OP
OP
D
I was running an Intel i5 win10 desktop PC with 8GB RAM and it took 2 to 3 hours to render a 10min vid and then uploaded overnight using my 9 megabit/s bandwidth. Just upgraded to a multi-core Intel i9 win10 desktop PC with 32GB and takes 20 mins to render and paying for max upload bandwidth of 21 megabit/s so uploads in 25 mins.

OP
OP
D
The other BIG thing I would advise is to go for a camera that supports 4K 60 frames per second. I'm fairly sure that YouTube promotes video more when it's best resolution and FPS. Other YouTubers in my field that do 4K 50fps are growing at 1/10th rate I am and I think that's one of the big reasons. I use a Panasonic AG-UX180.

Dom (Essential RC)
https://www.youtube.com/c/EssentialRC

Damon

TubeBuddy User
I can definitely see how 60 fps works well for your field capturing fast moving planes and other small RC vehicles. It also helps that you have been making videos for 13 years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D
Yup. I've kinda learnt what works and what doesn't and developed my skill for tracking, zooming and focussing on these things. Challenging but that's why I like it.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I've been uploading in 4K60FPS for 2 years and suddenly, 2 days ago, my videos process but available resolution does not get beyond 360p! Tried waiting 24 hours, re-uploads, and re-renders but no difference. Reported via the 'Give feedback' messaging but no reply. Any help appreciated.
I've seen a lot of tech youtubers also have this issue. I know they are working on it, but we at TB haven't been effected, but we upload at 30FPS 4K.

BraveStarrTG

TubeBuddy User
So it seems that Youtube has been busy this week so much so that they have been causing some chaos on Creator's channels. Not only have video resolutions been an issue but some channels and viewers were also pointing out that the most recent uploads on some channels were not showing on the channel pages or in the viewer's sub list but could be seen on playlists. Youtubers like Philip DeFranco were in contact with YT trying to figure out what was going on.

Not sure if any of this could be related but I did see a story online that YT did an update to what I believe was the YT mobile app where the resolution list was reorganized showing the higher resolutions at the top of the list instead of the lowest. Was meant to make it easier to select the better resolution. Maybe this update broke YT considering resolution was one issue like the one on this post and perhaps that messed up channels as well from displaying the videos on the main channel or sub lists.

OP
OP
D
Now even 1080P60 video does not process beyond 360p. Seems the problem is going to get worse before it gets better. Anyone else having this problem? I do know its not a problem for everyone.

OP
OP
D
I looked at your last 4 videos, including one posted an hour ago from this comment and they all show 1080p60.
Those videos are mostly Live Streams. They do go to 1080p60. There maybe the odd one that Google re-processed for me on request that went HD. My recent uploads are still private and unpublished because I can see they are only 360p. No point publishing such low resolution content. Will just frustrate my subscribers.

OP
OP
D
You have to imagine that their server farm is HUGE. Could be a relatively small number of servers have had a bad upgrade although re-building servers should be an automated activity and easily resolvable. We'll never know. They are very unlikely to publicise its happening or its resolution. It's not like we pay for the service.