TubeBuddy Tips BEWARE OF SNAKE OIL SALESMAN AND "GET RICH QUICK" BULLSH*T

MrHairyBrit

New User
TubeBuddy Star
www.YouTube.com
Subscriber Goal
It takes a lot of time, effort and patience to grow a YouTube channel and/or any social media brand. If you are looking to start and grow on any social media platform you need to look YEARS into the future to plan your goals, your niche, your content and your growth strategy.

I have been a web developer for 11+ years. I have balanced being a blogger, Facebook group owner, YouTube content creator, YouTube channel manager and video editor for nearly 6 of those years. I finally started my YouTube Tutorials channel in July 2017. HOURS of recording, editing, designing thumbnails, researching niches and keywords have FINALLY led to a growing YouTube channel that brings me clients and opportunities.

YOU CAN grow a social media brand and with enough time, effort, patience and commitment. YOU CAN in time stack the deck in your favour just don't bet your entire life on a "get rich quick" scheme.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Solid advice. It's sad that so many people quit before they get started. The one thing YouTube is teaching people is the long road to success. It will reveal a lot about your character, perseverance, work ethic, vision and etc. It is nice to see that first uptick like an airplane taking off.

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
The question is I always ask is: If someone does know the way to get rich fast without effort - why the heck does he still need to sell his scheme?

A buddy of mine (who is totally against every form of social media) recently decided to become part in the influencer world (his main goal of all goals is to have a successful email newsletter totally made by freelancers and drawing in much ad and affiliate cash - of all things the world needs that have been obsolete years ago, but of course a YouTube channel is needed as well)
He spends a lot of money on traveling to seminars by people who seemingly do make a lot of money with that kind of thing.
They do not only sell bullcrap (some stuff is kinda solid, especially on the technical side) but the price is way to high I would be astonished if my buddy ever makes back his investments there.

Zebra Wheelie

New User
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It takes a lot of time, effort and patience to grow a YouTube channel and/or any social media brand. If you are looking to start and grow on any social media platform you need to look YEARS into the future to plan your goals, your niche, your content and your growth strategy.

I have been a web developer for 11+ years. I have balanced being a blogger, Facebook group owner, YouTube content creator, YouTube channel manager and video editor for nearly 6 of those years. I finally started my YouTube Tutorials channel in July 2017. HOURS of recording, editing, designing thumbnails, researching niches and keywords have FINALLY led to a growing YouTube channel that brings me clients and opportunities.

YOU CAN grow a social media brand and with enough time, effort, patience and commitment. YOU CAN in time stack the deck in your favour just don't bet your entire life on a "get rich quick" scheme.
Good advice.

There are way too many of these people on Facebook selling views and subscribers. The thing is, they use bots to do this instead of real humans. This means that they don't watch or interact with your channel.

I'm pretty sure it's illeagal for them to do this. It wouldn't surprise me if they were all a bunch of black hat hackers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrHairyBrit

MrHairyBrit

New User
TubeBuddy Star
www.YouTube.com
Subscriber Goal
Solid advice. It's sad that so many people quit before they get started. The one thing YouTube is teaching people is the long road to success. It will reveal a lot about your character, perseverance, work ethic, vision and etc. It is nice to see that first uptick like an airplane taking off.
So many people think its a quick thing so they fire off all guns blazing and get fed up 3 months in. I agree... nothing better than FINALLY seeing that up tick over 100-200 days and watch the algorithm finally find you :)

The question is I always ask is: If someone does know the way to get rich fast without effort - why the heck does he still need to sell his scheme?

A buddy of mine (who is totally against every form of social media) recently decided to become part in the influencer world (his main goal of all goals is to have a successful email newsletter totally made by freelancers and drawing in much ad and affiliate cash - of all things the world needs that have been obsolete years ago, but of course a YouTube channel is needed as well)
He spends a lot of money on traveling to seminars by people who seemingly do make a lot of money with that kind of thing.
They do not only sell bullcrap (some stuff is kinda solid, especially on the technical side) but the price is way to high I would be astonished if my buddy ever makes back his investments there.
Hmm, keep me in the loop.... ill be curious how it works out.

Good advice.

There are way too many of these people on Facebook selling views and subscribers. The thing is, they use bots to do this instead of real humans. This means that they don't watch or interact with your channel.

I'm pretty sure it's illeagal for them to do this. It wouldn't surprise me if they were all a bunch of black hat hackers.
Yup, against YouTube's ToS's

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Hmm, keep me in the loop.... ill be curious how it works out.
He hasn't talked about it in a while and their channel is still under 10 subs but their main topic is electronic bicycles and I hinter to them that that's a bit seasonal.

Yup, against YouTube's ToS's
I'm not sure if illigale is the right word but it can get your channel closed.

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
He hasn't talked about it in a while and their channel is still under 10 subs but their main topic is electronic bicycles and I hinter to them that that's a bit seasonal.
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I used to have an small gasoline powered bicycle in graduate school. That thing got something like 120 miles per gallon. It wa a fun little rig.

Last edited:

Bitbat

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Snake oil is gross.
Imagine being cursed with no legs, and then living a good life only to be turned into a oil that some hun named Karen sells for her essential oils.