• Guest - TubeBuddy now has a BLOG! Click Here to learn more!

Channel Review Review my channel: LOOK, FEEL, CHANNEL TRAILER, all of it.

kachdu

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Please note that:

This year I want to grow my channel to new heights.
I get that this is a very generic goal and everyone here is to do that.
But I really want to cross 10,000 subscribers mark. I have 1045 as of now.
Not that it defines me or my work or my happiness, but just that crossing that threshold opens up more opportunities than I have right now.

Self review: I have poured a lot of effort into making this channel look professional. As usual, I followed tubebuddy's tutorials to the word. Still I am not able to gain subscribers from my content. I think that has something to do with my accent or looks but I can't change that beyond a certain point.
Though I think content is king and that is why people subscribe, I think that might not be true for my channel as I might not be able to hold or attract attention of viewers while talking to a camera.
I sort have a hold on my basics but I just don't know what is missing from my channel or what am I doing wrong.

HELP ME: I want you guys to let me know your opinion on my channel:
1. DOES IT LOOK PROFESSIONAL TO YOU ON PC/MOBILE.
2. HOW WAS THE TRAILER TO MY CHANNEL? DOES IT LOOK THAT WOULD WANT TO MAKE YOU A NEW SUB?
3. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO ATTRACT MORE SUBSCRIBERS?

Be honest, blunt and intelligent in your critique. I want to grow in 2019 and that is the only way it will happen.

Link to : My Channel

Link to my community review: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/15162/

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Please note that:

Not that it defines me or my work or my happiness, but just that crossing that threshold opens up more opportunities than I have right now.

Self review: I have poured a lot of effort into making this channel look professional. As usual, I followed tubebuddy's tutorials to the word. Still I am not able to gain subscribers from my content. I think that has something to do with my accent or looks but I can't change that beyond a certain point.
Though I think content is king and that is why people subscribe, I think that might not be true for my channel as I might not be able to hold or attract attention of viewers while talking to a camera.
I sort have a hold on my basics but I just don't know what is missing from my channel or what am I doing wrong.

2. HOW WAS THE TRAILER TO MY CHANNEL? DOES IT LOOK THAT WOULD WANT TO MAKE YOU A NEW SUB?

Be honest, blunt and intelligent in your critique. I want to grow in 2019 and that is the only way it will happen.

Link to my community review: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/15162/

First, sorry it took me so long to get here! A bit swamped with TubeBuddy stuff :)

I'll answer your questions now!

1: It looks professional on both PC and Desktop, but my main problem is that I don't know what to expect, I'm guessing it's tech related based on the objects in the banner! However, looking more into this all I get is really "Quality Videos" I'd like to see maybe when you post, what to expect, and why I should come back to YOUR quality videos!

2: "Clickbait trailer" personally turns me off to the channel personally mostly because of the connotation around Clickbait. I'd focus it to your channel maybe focusing on the name of your channel, and then what it's about I think it is a quality channel trailer, but maybe the questions I asked in your banner could better be answered here too. It's great cinematography, but still misses some of those points.

3. Focus on what value you are bringing BESIDES quality video, because a lot of people offer "Quality videos" but why YOUR quality videos? What will watching them add to me as a viewer! That's my current question!

Overall it's really solid!

Arts keeps the humanity in all of us alive. Also, Not paid to do any of this. You can expect Tech Reviews, Travel Vlogs, Vlogs, Camera Comparisons you name it and I will make it. If you liked the video, subscribe, coz there is more coming in 2019 with 4K Ultra HD resolution. Yeah, while pew die pie can make millions uploading in 720p, I make zero dollars uploading in 4k. Also, feel free to leave suggestions, I'll incorporate them into future videos with due credits.

I think maybe more of the stuff in your about should be brought forward!

hitmen

Newbie Member
hello
in my opinion this is good but i'm still a bigginer
when i saw the trailer i cant tell what would you tell us this is a technologie channel or cosplay or game
i have the same probleme but most advices tell us to focus on a good content (attractive) and upload minimum 1 video/week

Reactions: kachdu

RazzBarlow

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Please note that:

Overall, I liked it. Your banner looks good. I agree with what other TubeBuddy's have said about your trailer. It's very well photographed and edited, but it just doesn't tell me what your channel is about. I watched your latest video about the Cheapest 85mm lens and it was pretty well done. You did have a typo/misspelling in the intro (devidces vs devices). Your accent is fine. You're well spoken and you enunciate well. I think the volume of you speaking is a bit low and the beeps as windows pop up on the screen are a bit loud. Pump up the volume on yourself! You're the star of the show after all. I would also light your face a bit more and/or tone down the light in the background. It seems a bit dark on your face. Maybe this was intentional for artistic effect, I don't know. But again, you're the star of the show, light the subject up. You're in a competitive space on YouTube, there are a lot of channels focusing on photography. Let your personality shine through and keep putting out quality content and the subscribers will come!

TanookiAlex

TubeBuddy Star
I like your banner, it is HD on both mobile and pc. However, i'd like if your banner would "explain" a bit more about your channel, like what you do. Your content is great, but your voice is hard to hear and it makes it unclear sometimes. I do, however, like your confidence! I subscribed.

OP
OP
kachdu

kachdu

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
hello
in my opinion this is good but i'm still a bigginer
when i saw the trailer i cant tell what would you tell us this is a technologie channel or cosplay or game
i have the same probleme but most advices tell us to focus on a good content (attractive) and upload minimum 1 video/week
Thanks for the feedback. I will try to incorporate your suggestions soon.

Overall, I liked it. Your banner looks good. I agree with what other TubeBuddy's have said about your trailer. It's very well photographed and edited, but it just doesn't tell me what your channel is about. I watched your latest video about the Cheapest 85mm lens and it was pretty well done. You did have a typo/misspelling in the intro (devidces vs devices). Your accent is fine. You're well spoken and you enunciate well. I think the volume of you speaking is a bit low and the beeps as windows pop up on the screen are a bit loud. Pump up the volume on yourself! You're the star of the show after all. I would also light your face a bit more and/or tone down the light in the background. It seems a bit dark on your face. Maybe this was intentional for artistic effect, I don't know. But again, you're the star of the show, light the subject up. You're in a competitive space on YouTube, there are a lot of channels focusing on photography. Let your personality shine through and keep putting out quality content and the subscribers will come!
Thanks for your kind words. I have incorporated your suggestion in my new video. I will ask you to review it to see if the lighting setup has improved. Do oblige me as and when I create that thread. Cheers.

I like your banner, it is HD on both mobile and pc. However, i'd like if your banner would "explain" a bit more about your channel, like what you do. Your content is great, but your voice is hard to hear and it makes it unclear sometimes. I do, however, like your confidence! I subscribed.
I am trying a lot about audio. I live in a space where there is a lot of noise. I have changed mics, can you review my latest video. I will tag you in the thread post in video review thread. Thanks and its very heartening to see your support.

Beanie Draws

As soon as I jump in I see a lot of colour but it isn't overbearing and it actually fits in well with your "channel trailer". the "estd 1989" is quirky, I get that you're alluding to your age, but it's also slightly misleading because some may misinterpret that to mean you established your channel at that time which is impossible. I'd get rid of that, or make it much smaller... actually, I'd get rid of the "quality videos" and replace that with the Estd.

I see you have cameras and phones, but it doesn't necessarily say WHAT you do with them. Are you a photographer doing photography tutorials? oh wait, you have phones as well... are you a tech reviewer? oh, I see earphones so you're probably a tech youtuber, but the cameras are so dominating that that my first impression is cameras.

Acrually, I see one of your popular uploads is a camera comparison... maybe you are a photography channel?

My point there is you need to get rid of "estd 1989" (or make it tiny and put it at the bottom) and REMOVE "quality videos" and instead say what KIND of videos you do :) that estd area would be the perfect place to put "weekly tech reviews" "weekly tech tutorials" "weekly photo tips" so it gives us an instant idea of what you do exactly. We do get a lot of information just visually from the photos, but adding the type of content you do will solidify that.

--Next

What's with the hidden subscriber count? what are you hiding? what are you ashamed of? (not actually accusing you of anything like that :) but that's what others might be inclined to think and question)
I get that you want to be taken as a reputable channel and probably worried that a "low" subscriber count eliminates your "social proof" but you run that fine line between not having the subscriber count being important to you, which is admirable, or showing that you don't want to share a lower number as if you're ashamed by it. This is all first impressions mind you.

All critique aside, I really do like your channel banner, it has some flaws but nothing major and I LOVE the use of red and lighting. Don't change the photo itself because it has a lot of personality, just fix the smaller details :)

Your channel page is off to a good start but I wouldn't put so much focus on your popular uploads at the top, considering they're old. Set your home page so that you have playlists. I've actually created a unique playlist for recent videos outside of the stock recent videos playlist so it gives you more control over what you have on your home page.
At the very least, have your recent uploads at the top.

--

Now I'm looking at your playlists. I first thought playlists weren't important and YouTube STILL don't put enough time into playlists, but they're actually pretty cool and you need to fix yours up a bit. The title of the canon g9x review playlist is cool.... but do you actually have 13 videos of the one camera? that's a LOT of videos on one camera. (just looked into the view full playlist... you DO have only g9x videos in there... kudos!

You have a lot of comparison videos. You could have a playlist dedicated to just vs videos. It doesn't matter if you repeat videos in multiple playlists. You could even have a "samples" playlist, "reviews" playlist, but you can actually edit your playlists to have descriptions so you can really fill out your playlists, and then you can add your playlists to your home screen to make it look like you have even more content.

Use your community tab more (not that I can talk, but I should use mine more too)

I'd recommend hiding your subscriptions and just have featured channels visible. @Andrew does hiding your subscriptions effect reach? I have mind hidden for privacy because I don't want all my subscribers knowing I follow money making channels etc :p

As for your thumbs, they need some consistency... actually, your last 7 are really good. See if you can apply that style to your old videos as soon as you can. Interestingly the oneplus 6 camera review, and the oneplus 6 vis oneplus 5t have pretty considerable views, but I really don't like their thumbs, the 5t is hard to tell what's going on and is visually busy... but it has 16k views, so im not sure about that, but if you can make them look more like your more recent 7 thumbnails that'll be better.

That's about all I've got for now on this one. but you look like you're on a good path, so keep improving and keep moving forward :D All the best!

OP
OP
kachdu

kachdu

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
As soon as I jump in I see a lot of colour but it isn't overbearing and it actually fits in well with your "channel trailer". the "estd 1989" is quirky, I get that you're alluding to your age, but it's also slightly misleading because some may misinterpret that to mean you established your channel at that time which is impossible. I'd get rid of that, or make it much smaller... actually, I'd get rid of the "quality videos" and replace that with the Estd.

I see you have cameras and phones, but it doesn't necessarily say WHAT you do with them. Are you a photographer doing photography tutorials? oh wait, you have phones as well... are you a tech reviewer? oh, I see earphones so you're probably a tech youtuber, but the cameras are so dominating that that my first impression is cameras.

Acrually, I see one of your popular uploads is a camera comparison... maybe you are a photography channel?

My point there is you need to get rid of "estd 1989" (or make it tiny and put it at the bottom) and REMOVE "quality videos" and instead say what KIND of videos you do :) that estd area would be the perfect place to put "weekly tech reviews" "weekly tech tutorials" "weekly photo tips" so it gives us an instant idea of what you do exactly. We do get a lot of information just visually from the photos, but adding the type of content you do will solidify that.

--Next

What's with the hidden subscriber count? what are you hiding? what are you ashamed of? (not actually accusing you of anything like that :) but that's what others might be inclined to think and question)
I get that you want to be taken as a reputable channel and probably worried that a "low" subscriber count eliminates your "social proof" but you run that fine line between not having the subscriber count being important to you, which is admirable, or showing that you don't want to share a lower number as if you're ashamed by it. This is all first impressions mind you.

All critique aside, I really do like your channel banner, it has some flaws but nothing major and I LOVE the use of red and lighting. Don't change the photo itself because it has a lot of personality, just fix the smaller details :)

Your channel page is off to a good start but I wouldn't put so much focus on your popular uploads at the top, considering they're old. Set your home page so that you have playlists. I've actually created a unique playlist for recent videos outside of the stock recent videos playlist so it gives you more control over what you have on your home page.
At the very least, have your recent uploads at the top.

--

Now I'm looking at your playlists. I first thought playlists weren't important and YouTube STILL don't put enough time into playlists, but they're actually pretty cool and you need to fix yours up a bit. The title of the canon g9x review playlist is cool.... but do you actually have 13 videos of the one camera? that's a LOT of videos on one camera. (just looked into the view full playlist... you DO have only g9x videos in there... kudos!

You have a lot of comparison videos. You could have a playlist dedicated to just vs videos. It doesn't matter if you repeat videos in multiple playlists. You could even have a "samples" playlist, "reviews" playlist, but you can actually edit your playlists to have descriptions so you can really fill out your playlists, and then you can add your playlists to your home screen to make it look like you have even more content.

Use your community tab more (not that I can talk, but I should use mine more too)

I'd recommend hiding your subscriptions and just have featured channels visible. @Andrew does hiding your subscriptions effect reach? I have mind hidden for privacy because I don't want all my subscribers knowing I follow money making channels etc :p

As for your thumbs, they need some consistency... actually, your last 7 are really good. See if you can apply that style to your old videos as soon as you can. Interestingly the oneplus 6 camera review, and the oneplus 6 vis oneplus 5t have pretty considerable views, but I really don't like their thumbs, the 5t is hard to tell what's going on and is visually busy... but it has 16k views, so im not sure about that, but if you can make them look more like your more recent 7 thumbnails that'll be better.

That's about all I've got for now on this one. but you look like you're on a good path, so keep improving and keep moving forward :D All the best!
First of all, I want to say, everyday this community makes me feel humble and I appreciate it day after day when real people give me real feedback to improve upon.
That's a rare phenomenon and I love this community for that.
I have started working on your feedback and my channel already has few new playlists.
Thanks for that. May be this weekend I'll do the spring cleaning to include what you said.
I appreciate you taking your valuable time out to help me. Thanks.

Reactions: Beanie Draws