• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Life Maybe It's Time To Accept Reality

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
For years I wanted to give Youtube a try ever since I discovered how cool it was to be able to make videos myself. Back then (about 10 years ago) I didn't have the gear to be a Youtuber so I never tried. But as time went by YT got easier to use and many of the Youtubers I followed shared their story of how they became Youtubers which made me wonder if I could do it too. I tried a few videos on my personal channel but being a shy person I found it hard to put my face on a video and talk without stumbling all over myself constantly to the point I just didn't think I could do it. Apparently, my chatterbox abilities have a weakness, video cameras.

I eventually came up with the idea that as a gamer maybe I could just record myself playing games and upload that. I didn't need a webcam, I didn't need a mic. All I had to do was record gameplay and upload like other popular gamers did. But as usual, I was riding a wave that had already been ridden and was nowhere near being able to ride the new wave. My tech has always been "so last year" tech and thus my style on YT also was "so last year". By then people were putting themselves on their videos with greenscreens, animations, and even decent quality mics. So I was barely getting any kind of traction.

Recently I made a lot of effort to bring myself to ride the new wave like other Youtubers. I've upgraded my hardware, I taught myself how to use Photshop and Vegas Pro, I created my own artwork, logos, intros and outros and more. I had even made a few vlog videos to help me work on my shyness on video. But some of the biggest issues I've been dealing with while trying to get my channel started continue to be an issue and I am starting to think that perhaps I am not meant to be doing the YT thing. At least not yet anyways.

I would love to go into detail as to the obstacles that are keeping me from working on my channel but I don't want to bore people with my problems and I don't wanna seem as if I am looking for pity from people. Not to mention it's often embarrassing to share certain things that, without them explained, would not make most of my story make sense. In essence, Life is not ready to let me do what I wanna do and instead I am being forced to drop my dreams and do what everyone else thinks I should be doing. I have little to any support on any of my dreams and on top of that Life seems determined to block every move I make towards what I want to do. I am struggling to avoid falling into depression on top of all of this. My stress levels are just too high and I can't concentrate on making videos if I am too distracted by my problems and not of the mindset to make worthwhile videos. I don't want my channel full of "my life sucks" videos. So it's just easier to just move on and stick to being a viewer and just interact with Youtubers on their videos even if I was looking forward to pushing my channel harder this year. Guess it wasn't meant to be and I just have to accept it.

I'll keep hanging around here as I enjoy reading peoples posts and comments. But I'll likely be on the sidelines most of the time. Thanks for providing an awesome place to give newbies like me a chance to learn the YT ropes. I just hate that i ca't take advantage of it at this time.

Reactions: Paul

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
For years I wanted to give Youtube a try ever since I discovered how cool it was to be able to make videos myself. Back then (about 10 years ago) I didn't have the gear to be a Youtuber so I never tried. But as time went by YT got easier to use and many of the Youtubers I followed shared their story of how they became Youtubers which made me wonder if I could do it too. I tried a few videos on my personal channel but being a shy person I found it hard to put my face on a video and talk without stumbling all over myself constantly to the point I just didn't think I could do it. Apparently, my chatterbox abilities have a weakness, video cameras.

I eventually came up with the idea that as a gamer maybe I could just record myself playing games and upload that. I didn't need a webcam, I didn't need a mic. All I had to do was record gameplay and upload like other popular gamers did. But as usual, I was riding a wave that had already been ridden and was nowhere near being able to ride the new wave. My tech has always been "so last year" tech and thus my style on YT also was "so last year". By then people were putting themselves on their videos with greenscreens, animations, and even decent quality mics. So I was barely getting any kind of traction.

Recently I made a lot of effort to bring myself to ride the new wave like other Youtubers. I've upgraded my hardware, I taught myself how to use Photshop and Vegas Pro, I created my own artwork, logos, intros and outros and more. I had even made a few vlog videos to help me work on my shyness on video. But some of the biggest issues I've been dealing with while trying to get my channel started continue to be an issue and I am starting to think that perhaps I am not meant to be doing the YT thing. At least not yet anyways.

I would love to go into detail as to the obstacles that are keeping me from working on my channel but I don't want to bore people with my problems and I don't wanna seem as if I am looking for pity from people. Not to mention it's often embarrassing to share certain things that, without them explained, would not make most of my story make sense. In essence, Life is not ready to let me do what I wanna do and instead I am being forced to drop my dreams and do what everyone else thinks I should be doing. I have little to any support on any of my dreams and on top of that Life seems determined to block every move I make towards what I want to do. I am struggling to avoid falling into depression on top of all of this. My stress levels are just too high and I can't concentrate on making videos if I am too distracted by my problems and not of the mindset to make worthwhile videos. I don't want my channel full of "my life sucks" videos. So it's just easier to just move on and stick to being a viewer and just interact with Youtubers on their videos even if I was looking forward to pushing my channel harder this year. Guess it wasn't meant to be and I just have to accept it.

I'll keep hanging around here as I enjoy reading peoples posts and comments. But I'll likely be on the sidelines most of the time. Thanks for providing an awesome place to give newbies like me a chance to learn the YT ropes. I just hate that i ca't take advantage of it at this time.
If its more stress than fun something is going wrong - I too sometimes have a hard time keeping myself creating stuff. I do a regular vlog series for over a year now its not really watched that much but its more about keeping myself from going totally inactive in the worst times.

Also something maybe motivating - I found a channel around Christmas where Im still asking myself - how does that guy only have 200k subs despite 8+ years of creating good content - Good Bad Flicks. Really a prime example for my endurance speech.

Reactions: Andrew
OP
OP
BraveStarrTG

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
If its more stress than fun something is going wrong - I too sometimes have a hard time keeping myself creating stuff. I do a regular vlog series for over a year now its not really watched that much but its more about keeping myself from going totally inactive in the worst times.

Also something maybe motivating - I found a channel around Christmas where Im still asking myself - how does that guy only have 200k subs despite 8+ years of creating good content - Good Bad Flicks. Really a prime example for my endurance speech.
Well, I wish I could say the creating was the stress but it's actually my personal life that's the stress and it's affecting my creativity.

Reactions: Damon and kunicross

Da_Blackapino

Newbie Member

I started a Year after Youtube was Created with nothing but an iPhone(At the Time) then switched to a Handycam..lmao...then from THAT to iPhones and then the GoPro came out...and I used it...and up until last year back in Nov..was the first REAL point and Shoot I've ever owned. My Views have Grown and so has my Subscribers but It's taken me A lot to get to where i am now...but I'm hoping Big this Year..

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
Well, I wish I could say the creating was the stress but it's actually my personal life that's the stress and it's affecting my creativity.
That's okay. It really is okay. Sign off for bit, get things straightened out, then come back with avengence when you're ready. Time of life is important when considering a YouTube channel.

Last edited: