• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Suggested Clarify position of result in Keyword Explorer.

Ceorge_Christofi

TubeBuddy Star
Just a suggestion but I think moving the wording of the results would make more sense and be easier to interpret. In the search below you can see what I mean regarding the position.

It would clarify the meaning of the results somewhat as well.

Take the middle result for competition. Low is by the red which makes it suggest that the result is bad, when in fact it is good. The other two results are both moderate even though they are quite far apart on the scale.

The other option would be to have the results as a percentage or numerical result which would assist those non English First Language (and dense people like myself) to easily interpret the result. Instead of saying moderate for search volume, say something like 40% or give it a numerical score of 40 as an arbitrary figure similar to the total result at the top. That way you can define search and optimisation as higher = better and competition as lower = better. If you need to keep the graphs the same way round, just reverse the colour scale on competition so that the red is at the other end making the higher the percentage or numerical value red or bad.

PS... sorry for using @Andrew as a search example but it seemed like a good idea. Oh, I don't think he is really an alien or that he is green. Maybe would be fun to clickbait him though!

tbsuggest.jpg

OP
OP
Ceorge_Christofi

Ceorge_Christofi

TubeBuddy Star
Thanks for the suggestion! We'll be able to discuss it next week and I will make a note to follow up with you afterwards with any questions or plans we have.
Many thanks Phil... I know it is only cosmetic but it may make it easier to understand.

Reactions: Andrew

Phil

CEO of TubeBuddy
Administrator
Alright so to follow up here, we're not planning on making any big changes in the near future. Not that moving words is a big change but we have to consider what people are used it and expecting. Throughout the year, we take a feature and do a "deep dive" on it to improve it and we did that with Keyword Explorer in late 2018 but next time we do it on Keyword Explorer, we'll consider all of your suggestions. Thanks!!