Question Added footage to end of video

Hey all,

I work with professors at our local university and one of them is having issues with her videos. She has been adding her micro-lectures through youtube and it is adding a video of Naruto to the end of her videos. Has anyone heard of this before?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Hey all,

I work with professors at our local university and one of them is having issues with her videos. She has been adding her micro-lectures through youtube and it is adding a video of Naruto to the end of her videos. Has anyone heard of this before?
Can't say I have.... YouTube doesn't add anything to videos uploaded....?

Ikerot

TubeBuddy Star
Hey all,

What do you mean by she's been adding her micro-lectures through youtube? Are you saying she's making micro-lectures and uploading them up to Youtube? Is she doing an online class?

If you're asking if anybody's heard of adding Naruto to a micro-lecture, then my answer is, "I don't know, but whoever this professor is, she's pretty cool." ;)

kunicross

TubeBuddy User
Sounds like a copyright claim to me - it's usually best and easiest to only use your own stuff or things that are undesputable public domain.

OP
OP
hawk8945
She is recording herself giving a micro-lecture with no additional footage other than her self and a powerpoint presentation, and when she uploaded it somehow there was additional footage that was not in the original video file that she uploaded. I wish I could link it but she took it down, out of frustration. But yes it would have been cool if she used some naruto or something for character development, and since it is just a small clip fair use is accepted as it is for educational purposes.

kunicross

TubeBuddy User
She is recording herself giving a micro-lecture with no additional footage other than her self and a powerpoint presentation, and when she uploaded it somehow there was additional footage that was not in the original video file that she uploaded. I wish I could link it but she took it down, out of frustration. But yes it would have been cool if she used some naruto or something for character development, and since it is just a small clip fair use is accepted as it is for educational purposes.
Fair use in the end would need to be verified in court so it's best to use material where you don't get problems - some companies and artists are much easier on creators while others strike everything that looks like it has some of their intelectual property in it.

If it's just in the end cut that part out and re-upload it.