• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Question Disabled Instagram account, what should I do?

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Has anyone had their Instagram account disabled recently? I created an account a few weeks ago to go with my YT channel so I could upload my thumbnails and eventually some vlog images but when I went to the account a few days later to upload my first image I found my account had been disabled claiming I had infringed on the ToS or something like that. The problem is I never got a chance to use my account. I never uploaded anything and had only started to check other members out. The craziest part is trying to restore my account. I was almost 100% the email I received after I asked why my account was disabled (after spending half an hour trying to figure out how to ask and request it be reinstated, what a pain) was a scam because it wanted me to take a picture of myself holding a piece of paper that had my name and my account name plus a number they provided that could all be seen clearly and sent to them as proof that I am me. I had never been asked for a picture of myself to prove I am me. How would they know? I never uploaded a single picture. I did what they asked and they said they could not use the picture I sent and to send another one.

Based on some research apparently, this is how they handle disabled accounts. There have been a few waves of account blocks on Instagram that have blocked several legitimate accounts from what I have read and most people can't understand why this is happening and how unfair it is for them to lose access to all their images. I wanted an account because Instagram is a very popular social media site for YTers but now I am wondering if I should even bother pursuing this matter and just forget the account altogether. What should I do?

Beanie Draws

I'm not entirely sure, but they may have disabled it under the impression it was a spam account if you hadn't uploaded anything to it.
The photo evidence does seem a bit dubious, but I have heard that being a request. They also seem to disable your account sometimes if they feel you're getting too big too quickly thus, being a bot or something. It's kinda odd and normally, just submitting an email validation should be enough, but sometimes it isn't It's very odd.

Reactions: Andrew

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Huh... I've never heard of that (though I shouldn't be surprised) before.

I guess the whole picture thing would make sense if your instagram has pictures of you. Although instagram is by facebook so maybe you're connected to your facebook and they can access your photo there. *puts on tin foil*

That's weird of instagram to block people on claims of copyright infringement consider their app is littered with it :thinking:

Maybe make a new one if they don't unblock your account, since you haven't really started on it yet.

OP
OP
BraveStarrTG

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Huh... I've never heard of that (though I shouldn't be surprised) before.

I guess the whole picture thing would make sense if your instagram has pictures of you. Although instagram is by facebook so maybe you're connected to your facebook and they can access your photo there. *puts on tin foil*

That's weird of instagram to block people on claims of copyright infringement consider their app is littered with it :thinking:

Maybe make a new one if they don't unblock your account, since you haven't really started on it yet.
I remembered I had my original account I made for myself that only had 2 pics. I changed the name and it seems to be working now. So they can keep that other account. I just had to adjust my YT outro to make the new instagram page. I'll make a few changes to this account and I should be good to use it for my YT channel.